- Write a Review
An innovative 5-string built for stage and studio.
The mission of the Ibanez Bass Workshop is to pioneer new frontiers in bass development by pushing the boundaries of conventional designs. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from the desire of the Ibanez bass development group to satisfy the specific needs of a very particular player and to hopefully inspire new vistas of creativity.
Designed for players looking to explore the upper region of the fretboard, the BTB33 is a 5-string bass tuned from E to C. Excellent for playing chords and soloing up by a 33 scale neck. This 5-piece Maple/Bubinga Medium Scale neck helps to create the proper tension and tonal quality for the C string without compromising the deep tone of the E string. It also facilitates faster playing and easier chording.
Another innovative feature of the BTB33 is the inclusion of a height adjustable Rosewood Finger Ramp. The ramp prevents players from digging in too hard when plucking finger-style and encourages a lighter playing technique, which helps promote a broader dynamic range and better tone. It also acts as a thumb rest that provides access to a wider plucking area, allowing players to explore more tonal options by varying the distance of their hand from the bridge.
The BTB33 includes a Mahogany with an Ash top, the neck sports a Rosewood fingerboard with Abalone inlays and a Mono-Rail V bridge provides optimum adjustment for superior intonation. Electronics feature the excellent tone of Bartolini BH1-5 pickups through an Ibanez 3-band EQ with a mid frequency selector switch for advanced tone control.
- Neck: BTB5 5pc Maple/Bubinga neck-thru
- Body: Ash top/Mahogany wing
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Abalone dot inlay
- Frets: Medium frets
- Pickups: Bartolini BH1 neck pu, Bartolini BH1 bridge pu
- EQ: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band eq w/Mid frequency switch
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge
- Hardware color: Black matte
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.