- Write a Review
A meticulously crafted bass for the discerning bassist.
The Ibanez Prestige Series embodies over 40 years of dedication to building high-quality electric guitars and basses for the discriminating musician. Instruments bearing the Prestige moniker represent the pinnacle of Japanese luthiery and are proudly played by some of the most respected musicians in the world.
Designed for the pro musician, the SR5006OL is a stunning 6-string bass from the acclaimed Prestige Series. The body consists of a Mahogany core with Oil finish Wenge front and back caps. Wenge is an excellent tonewood with qualities. It delivers excellent punch and projection with a response that is immediate and balanced. The SR5006OL neck is a 5-pc Wenge/Bubinga Atlas-6 HP neck with KTS TITANIUM rod for the ultimate in stability and reliability. A Wenge fretboard, embedded with elegant Abalone & Pearl oval inlays, makes a striking, chic impression. The Mono-Rail V bridge system provides superior string isolation with maximum vibration transfer and is designed for quick, precise intonation adjustments.
For electronics, the SR5006OL features Bartolini custom pickups, specifically designed for Ibanez to have a deeper tone in the neck position while retaining a bright timbre in the bridge. By adjusting the Blend control, a wide range of sounds are accessible before any EQ is applied. Equalization controls include a 3-band Active EQ with a bypass switch and a mid frequency switch for the ultimate in tone management.
- Neck: Atlas-6 HP 5pc Wenge/Bubinga neck w/KTS TITANIUM rods
- Body: Wenge top/Mahogany/Wenge back body
- Fingerboard: Wenge
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl & Abalone oval
- Medium frets
- Pickups: Bartolini Custom neck pu, Bartolini Custom bridge pu
- EQ: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band eq w/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge
- Hardware color : Gold
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.