- Product J31134
Ibanez SR370E 4-String Electric Bass
Aged Whiskey Burst
- Write a Review
For 25 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. Embraced by bassists over the decades, the iconic series continues to excite with it...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Complete musical versatility and quality craftsmanship in a bass built for the working musician.
For 25 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. Embraced by bassists over the decades, the iconic series continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body and perfectly matched electronics.
The SR370E is a handsome 4-string bass designed for the experienced player. The bass starts with an immaculately finished Maple body. Other features include a sturdy 5-piece Maple/Rosewood SR4 neck, a Rosewood fretboard, and an Accu-cast B120 bridge for superior string vibration transfer and precise intonation. Cosmo Black hardware adds a hint of stealth.
At the heart of the SR370E’s electronics are two PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups. Their stainless pole pieces offer higher output, clarity, and fullness than any in the SR370’s class. Accessed by the 3-way “Power Tap” switch, these proprietary pickups offer a choice of three tonal personalities: A rich humbucker sound, a pure single-coil sound, or an enhanced single coil sound— fattened by lows from the humbucker pickups. Add the ability to dial in precise tone preferences via the Ibanez Custom 3-band EQ, and the SR370E is a musical chameleon.
- Shape:Info not available
- Wood:Maple with rosewood
- Neck joint:Info not available
- Scale length:34"
- Truss rod:Yes
- Finish:Info not available
- Active or passive pickups:Passive
- Pickup configuration:HH
- Neck: PowerSpan Dual Coil
- Middle:Not applicable
- Bridge:PowerSpan Dual Coil
- Series or parallel:Parallel
- Active preamp:Info not available
- Special electronics: Ibanez custom electronics 3-band EQ
- Fret size:Medium
- Number of frets:24
- Nut material:Info not available
- Nut width:1.5 in. (38.1mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret:0.85 in. (21.5mm)
- Cutaway:Double cutaway
- Body wood:Maple
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation:Right handed
- Control layout:Master volume, balancer, 3-band EQ, 3-way Power Tap switch, bass boost/cut, middle boost/cut
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split:Not appicable
- Tone switching:No
- Special switching:Not applicable
- Bridge type:Fixed
- Bridge design: Accu-cast B120
- Tailpiece:Not applicable
- Tuning machines:Die-cast
- Color: Cosmo black
- Number of strings:4
- Special features:Not applicable
- Case:Sold separately
- Accessories:Info not available
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Absolutely Beautiful
- Excellent Build
- Excellent Tone
- Extremely Comfortable and Well Balanced
- Solid Electronics
- Upgraded Accu-cast B300 Bridge
- Being Made of Maple, It Is No Lightweight
- Professional Gigs
Comments about Ibanez SR370E 4-String Electric Bass:
I appreciate the opportunity to rate this product and express my feelings specific to this bass guitar. I've owned this Ibanez SR370E Aged Whiskey Burst for a short while now and in exploring its capabilities, I am still discovering all the tonal possibilities.
Being a guitar tech, I couldn't resist improving the playability of this out-of-the-box beauty. Two one quarter turns to tighten the truss rod made the neck super straight as I like it. This did not result in any fret buzz on any string up and down the fretboard. Now I lowered the saddles to improve the action (Still no buzz.) My bass was built with an upgraded Accu-cast B300 bridge (I don't know why). The saddle adjustment is done quickly with just one screw (cool feature!). I fussed with the intonation to get the tuning right on. (Note: The saddles sit so tightly into the bridge in order to transfer maximum string vibration that you need to push on the saddles a bit to ensure proper intonation) I checked under the hood and found the electronics to be neat and tidy but complicated. I have no desire to modify the existing excellent tone controls. I tightened all the screws shined this baby up and now I have a bass guitar that plays like a dream. I'm holding with putting on stainless steel strings, the set of D'Addario's that came with the bass are still new and bright.
Musician's Friend is my go to dealer for new gear. I have never been disappointed, but this deal was particularly special. Thank you for letting express my views.
- Small stature, big bass sound
Comments about Ibanez SR370E 4-String Electric Bass:
I purchased my first Ibanez Roadstar Bass in 1986. The next one came last year, the Musician's Friend 30th Anniversary model ( gold ). For the Labor Day Sale, I looked at a lot of basses and chose this model , first because the wooden finish was more attractive. The humbuckers are very quiet, yet, with the active electronics, it really powers my 100W Rumble amp. I was curious to hear how the 3-position switch would expand the tonal capabilities. It does effect the tone, and I will continue to investigate the possibilities. The neck is very thin, the fret edges dressed nicely. The whole weight is balanced perfectly. I'd say look at the whole SR Series , and pick one that looks good to you, it's going to sound great.