- Write a Review
The SR series delivers smooth playability, lightweight body and perfectly matched electronics at an unbeatable price.
For 25 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. Embraced by bassists over the decades, the iconic series continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body and perfectly matched electronics.
The SR400EBCW is a handsome 4-string bass designed for the advanced player. A stunning Claro Walnut adorns the bass, Mahogany body. Other features include a sturdy 5-piece Maple/Rosewood SR4 neck, a Rosewood fretboard, and an Accu-cast B300 bridge for superior string vibration transfer and precise intonation. Cosmo Black hardware adds a hint of stealth.
At the heart of the SR400EBCW’s electronics are two PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups. Their stainless pole pieces offer higher output, clarity, and fullness than any in the SR400’s class. Accessed by the 3-way “Power Tap” switch, these proprietary pickups offer a choice of three tonal personalities: A rich humbucker sound, a pure single-coil sound, or an enhanced single coil sound—fattened by lows from the humbucker pickups. Add the ability to dial in precise tone preferences via the Ibanez Custom 3-band EQ, and the SR400EBCW is a musical chameleon.
- Shape:Info not available
- Wood:Maple with rosewood
- Neck joint:Info not available
- Scale length:34"
- Truss rod:Yes
- Finish:Info not available
- Active or passive pickups:Passive
- Pickup configuration:HH
- Neck:Dual Coil
- Middle:Not applicable
- Bridge: Dual Coil
- Series or parallel:Parallel
- Active preamp:Info not available
- Special electronics:Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- Radius:Info not available
- Fret size:Medium
- Number of frets:24
- Nut material:Info not available
- Nut width:Info not available
- Neck width at 12 fret:Info not available
- Cutaway:Double cutaway
- Body wood:Mahogany
- Top wood: Claro walnut
- Body finish:Info not available
- Orientation:Right handed
- Control layout:Master volume, balancer, 3-band EQ and 3-way Power Tap switch
- Pickup switch:No
- Coil tap or split:Switchable
- Tone switching:Yes
- Special switching:No
- Bridge type:Fixed
- Bridge design:Accu-cast B300
- Tailpiece:Not applicable
- Tuning machines:Die-cast
- Color: Cosmo black
- Number of strings:4
- Special features:Not applicable
- Case:Sold separately
- Accessories:Info not available
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.