- Write a Review
The SR800 delivers smooth playability, lightweight body and perfectly matched electronics at a working bassist's price point.
For 25 years the SR800 has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
The neck tongue not only creates a unique look, it also makes utilizing the higher frets easier and coupling Jatoba with Bubinga has made it strong and stable despite its thinness.
The MK1 pickups are split coil designs that provides a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise.
- Shape: Info not available
- Wood: Jatoba/bubinga
- Neck joint: Info not available
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: MK1 split coil
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: MK1 split coil
- Brand: Bartolini
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Info not available
- Special electronics: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Abalone oval
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: Info not available
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Poplar burl
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, balancer, 3-band EQ and Mid frequency switch
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: Mid frequency switch
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Accu-cast B300
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Info not available
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- quality product
Comments about Ibanez SR800 4-String Electric Bass:
If you're purchasing what you see on the website, be very careful. You will not get the same. True, there's a degree of variation in finishes but neither of the guitars I received looked anything like the photo. So I returned them both for my second choice, a Fender bass
Ibanez has a great line of well made bass guitars with unique looks. I own 3 of them. But this was a disappointment. For this price point, I was not willing to settle.
- Was this a gift?: