- #J18893 000002001 J18893000002001
Ibanez SRFF805 Multi-Scale 5-String Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
To the newcomer, the multi-scale concept may appear a bit unusual, but the biggest surprise may be how comfortable players become within a minute or ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A boutique-quality bass equipped with multi-scale frets and other high-end features at an unbelievable price.
To the newcomer, the multi-scale concept may appear a bit unusual, but the biggest surprise may be how comfortable players become within a minute or two of playing the instrument. The different fret-to-bridge distances enhance tonality, creating a better sounding bass. Previously, these instruments were only available from boutique bass builders, but now Ibanez is proud to introduce the SRFF805 Multi-Scale bass at an affordable price.
The goal of the multi-scale system is to give the better tension of each string. The tension helps to create a more alive, open tone. On the SRFF805, the scale length is 34 in. on the G-string side, expanding to 35.5 in. at the low B.
Although the multi-scale neck can appear intimidating and unnatural, nothing could be further from the truth. When looking down at the neck from the players perspective, the exaggerated fret layout seems to almost disappear and actually feels quite normal. The slant of the multi-scale-frets ergonomically coordinate with the way a players hand angles as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating quick, comfortable playing action.
The SRFF805 is a quality instrument designed for the experienced, seasoned musician. Its ash body is attached to a 5-piece jatoba/bubinga SRFF5 neck with a rosewood fretboard, medium frets and custom fanned inlays. The Mono-Rail V bridge is the perfect match for a multi-scale fret instrument, allowing for independent positioning of each strings mini-bridge section to providing excellent intonation and superior string vibration transference. Electronics include Bartolini BH1-5 pickups, for a full range warm punchy tone, and a 3-band EQ with Bypass switch and Mid-Frequency switch for complete sonic control.
- Neck: SRFF5 for Multi-Scale 5-piece Jatoba/Bubinga neck
- Body: Ash
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Custom Position Inlays for SRFF
- Medium frets
- Pickups: Bartolini BH1 neck pu, Bartolini BH1 bridge pu
- EQ: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ with EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) and Mid frequency switch
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge
- Hardware color: Cosmo black
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.