- J48420 000001000 J48420000001000
Ibanez SRH505F 5-String Fretless Hollowbody Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
Ibanez Bass Workshop SRH505F – SR “Aerium”If you crave a new bass tool to enrich your creative palette, the Ibanez Bass Workshop may have already bui...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Smooth, upright sound from a smooth, comfortable instrument.
Ibanez Bass Workshop SRH505F – SR “Aerium”
If you crave a new bass tool to enrich your creative palette, the Ibanez Bass Workshop may have already built your next instrument. This new product group focuses on combining unusual concepts with the bass-building virtuosity on which Ibanez has built its reputation.
Unlike other hollow body basses, the SRH boasts a unique concept: the integration of the authentic feel expected in a hollow body and the key features that distinguish SRH as a contemporary bass. With its sleek, compact, comfortable lightweight body, the SRH breaks another boundary to open up your playing.
With its maximized hollow space, Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides, the 55 mm-thick semi-hollow body delivers a rich acoustic tone. The specially designed forearm contour on the body top offers playing comfort, and adds an elegant accent to its appearance. A bound Rosewood fingerboard features black fret lines that balance competing goals for guiding positions and keep the fretboard from disturbing the atmosphere expected in a fretless layout. A contoured neck heel is applied to create a deep neck joint with unfettered access to upper frets. The custom bridge contains the magic of the AeroSilk Piezo system, which works with D'Addario ECB81 flat wound strings to provide that sense of “air” that characterizes the upright sound.
- Shape: Info not available
- Wood: Jatoba/Bubinga
- Neck joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: Info not available
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: MK-1
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Not applicable
- Brand: AeroSilk
- Series or parallel: Info not available
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Piezo preamp
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Not applicable
- Number of frets: Not applicable
- Inlays: Not applicable
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: Info not available
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Hollowbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Spruce
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, 3-band EQ
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: Yes
- Special switching: Yes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Custom
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Info not available
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
Comments about Ibanez SRH505F 5-String Fretless Hollowbody Electric Bass Guitar:
I will use this bass to play Bossa nova and jazz with my wife, or for some slow blues, as my wife is LIZ
MANDEVILLE, a Chicago blues artist. But will definitely use it for my own acoustic americana style that I play.
I use three major brands of bass amplification, the bass has great tone from all three, even though they are different, they sound sweet. The body is really comfortable on the right arm, due to its carved body.
I can go on and on, but check one out for yourself and hopefully you can find the one with magic like I did.