- Write a Review
A Ken Smith quality instrument at an amazing price point.
Built on the body and neck designs of Ken Smith's BSR "B" models, the Burner Standard is constructed of a swamp ash body. Dressed in handsome nickel hardware, the Standard also features the signature Ken Smith volute on the back of the peghead.
Available in 4- and 6-string models, the Burner Standard is fitted with a 3-piece straight hard rock Canadian maple neck with a 24 medium-fret rosewood fingerboard. The electronics package starts with a pair of KSD Humbucker Pickups powered by their defeatable 2-band active EQ. The KSD Burner Standard is the perfect solution for players looking for the distinctive Ken Smith sound and feel at an affordable price.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Canadian maple
- Neck joint: 4-Bolt
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: KSD hum-cancelling
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: KSD hum-cancelling
- Brand: Ken Smith Designs
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Defeatable 2-band active EQ
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 15.75"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.575" (40mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Swamp Ash
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume with push-pull bypass, pan/blend, treble, bass
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Not applicable
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Top-loading high mass
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.