- 516066 000010000 516066000010000
Kydd Basses Big Kydd 5-String Upright Bass
- Write a Review
The Big Kydd 5-String Upright Bass features a curly maple neck and body and Granadillo fingerboard. It also has a Fishman BP 100 transducer....Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Upright sound with a comfortable 35" scale.
The Big Kydd 5-String Upright Bass features a curly maple neck and body and Granadillo fingerboard. It also has a Fishman BP 100 transducer.
- Body/neck: Curly maple
- Fingerboard: Granadillo
- String length: 35"
- Overall length: 40-1/2"
- Weight: 8 lbs.
- Pickups: Fishman BP 100 transducer
- Strings: D'Addario ECB 81SL flatwound
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Kydd Basses Big Kydd 5-String Upright Bass:
I have been playing a KYDD Big KYDD 5 string for almost two years now. The instrument is remarkable, and not primarily because of it's portability (which is a great feature, and why I was initially drawn toward the KYDD line).Simply put, it has the best neck of any of the electric uprights I tried. The variety of ways that the hand can be placed comfortably across the fretboard is remarkable (I do not have the longest fingers in the world, so this is important) - the space between strings is perfect, meaning that the width of the neck is as economical as possible; the action is perfect; the responsiveness to different attacks is impressive.The first reason I did not give it a 5 out of 5 is that the lack of any on board volume/tone controls leaves the tone of the instrument completely in the hands of the amplifier. So if you are buying a KYDD you'll need to be very serious about your amp. I am playing it through a Hartke, and while this has produced amazing highs I have had to struggle a bit to get just he low I wanted, and have taken to miccing the amp as opposed to using the direct.The second reason I did not give it a 5 is that it is difficult to bow the middle strings due to the way the strings are set.