More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- J47184 000001000 J47184000001000
NS Design NXTa Active Series 4-String Omni Bass E-G
- Write a Review
THE NXT Series Omni Bass is ideal for the electric bassist who wishes to incorporate acoustic bass styles and sounds into his or her playing vocabula...Read More
34 in. scale for electric bassists' comfort.
THE NXT Series Omni Bass is ideal for the electric bassist who wishes to incorporate acoustic bass styles and sounds into his or her playing vocabulary. It is equipped with the familiar 34-in. bass guitar scale, which makes for an easy transition in adding the character and expressiveness of an acoustic upright bass, or the NS electric upright, to a player’s performance palette. These instruments are produced in the Czech Republic with the same meticulous care as NS Design's renowned CR Series Omni Bass.
The Polar Bridge Pickup System combines great sound with directional sensitivity, for a rich and expressive response to Arco and Pizzicato technique. The Omni Bass responds to the bow with a natural and expressive voice, combining powerful bass resonance with brilliant harmonics. The strings are easily driven, making it possible for bassists with little bowing experience to add this beautiful dimension to their music.
Dual Mode Output
The new dual mode signal output electronics of the NXTa take the convenience, versatility and performance capability of the NXT to another level.
Using the supplied charger, the NXTa connects into any AC outlet for 60 seconds, powering the capacitor-powered active circuit for up to 16 hours of performance time. The instrument can then be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device, no direct box necessary. Since there is no signal loss over the full frequency spectrum of the instrument, the fundamentals of every note remain clear and strong, even with extra-long cables.
The NXTa can be played in this mode when using a direct box or an amplifier with high impedance input. (This mode provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.)
NXTa instruments are battery-free, eliminating the hassle and cost of batteries while helping protect our environment.
A note about the Omni Scale
The 34" scale length of the Omni Bass is the same as standard electric bass. Tuned in fourths (BEADG), the fingering positions and spacing are identical to the bass guitar, and therefore immediately familiar to any bass player. The Omni Bass can also be tuned in fifths.
The fingerboard also features the TransRadius profile. For a left-hand feel, which is familiar to the experienced bass guitarist, the radius at the nut is 9-1/4 inches. At the end of the fingerboard near the bridge, however, the radius is just 2 inches, large enough to maintain good string-to-string articulation with the bow, yet still comfortable for pizzicato (plucked/picked) style. The asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register.
A beautiful instrument
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto. NS Electric Omni Bass Strings and standard bass guitar strings fit the Omni Bass, adding unlimited set up options for musicians who want to explore and create their own unique sound.
The Boomerang Strap System is standard with the NXTa Omni Bass. Two articulated arms and a pivoting hub allow full mobility on stage or in studio. The comfortable Boomerang strap fits over the shoulder just like a guitar, but the adjustable arms allow the instrument to be placed in virtually any position in relation to the hands and body. The Boomerang Strap System allows full mobility for either bowing or plucking.
- Length: 113 cm (44")
- Width: 15 cm (5.7")
- Thickness: 10 cm (4")
- Weight: 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
- Scale length: 86 cm (34")
- Truss rod: single action, accessible at nut
- Tuning hardware: 12:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish
- Strings: EADG. The Omni Bass can also be tuned in fifths
- Body/neck: flame maple face (sunburst model) on body
- Fingerboard: hand-graduated, asymmetric
- Intonation reference: cascading dot markers & side dots
- Transradius profile: at the nut 9-1/4”, at the end of the fingerboard, 2”
- the polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).
- Electronics & controls: rotary volume control, with push-pull selection between active and passive output mode; tone control (treble roll off); arco/pizzicato toggle switch.
- Boomerang strap system: this standard support system has a pivoting friction hub that holds the instrument firmly in place close to the body. Attached with a guitar style strap to its two support arms, the system allows the instrument to be moved into virtually any position in relation to the hands and body as it is played. Weight is .45 kg (1 lbs.).
- Gig bag: a padded gig bag is included as a standard accessory. It has a stand compartment, bow compartment, charger and accessory pocket, handle and adjustable strap. Loaded weight is 6 kg (15.2 lbs.) Including a stand, and it fits in the overhead luggage compartment of most commercial aircraft.
Acoustic timbre with electric feel. Order today.