- #J47186 000001000 J47186000001000
NS Design NXTa Active Series 5-String Omni Bass E-C
- Write a Review
The NXTa Series Omni Bass, with the familiar 34 inch bass guitar scale, is designed for the bass guitarist interested in adding the character and exp...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
34 in. scale for electric bassists' comfort.
The NXTa Series Omni Bass, with the familiar 34 inch bass guitar scale, is designed for the bass guitarist interested in adding the character and expressiveness of an upright bass to his performance palette. These are produced in the Czech Republic, available in Satin Black or Sunburst.
About the new NXTa active circuitry:
Using the supplied charger, plug the NXT into any AC outlet for 60 seconds to power the capacitor-powered active circuit for up to 16 hours of performance time. The instrument can then be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device, no direct box necessary. Since there is no signal loss over the full frequency spectrum of the instrument, the fundamentals of every note remain clear and strong, even with extra-long cables. The NXTa can also be played in its passive mode when using a direct box or an amplifier with high impedance input. (This mode provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.)
- Length: 113 cm (44")
- Width: 15 cm (5.7")
- Thickness: 10 cm (4")
- Weight: 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
- Scale length: 86 cm (34")
- Truss rod: single action, accessible at nut
- Tuning hardware: 12:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish
- Strings: BEADG. The Omni Bass can also be tuned in fifths
- Body/neck: flame maple face (sunburst model) on body
- Fingerboard: hand-graduated, asymmetric
- Intonation reference: cascading dot markers & side dots
- Transradius profile: at the nut 9-1/4”, at the end of the fingerboard, 2”
- the polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).
- Electronics & controls: rotary volume control, with push-pull selection between active and passive output mode; tone control (treble roll off); arco/pizzicato toggle switch.
- Boomerang strap system: this standard support system has a pivoting friction hub that holds the instrument firmly in place close to the body. Attached with a guitar style strap to its two support arms, the system allows the instrument to be moved into virtually any position in relation to the hands and body as it is played. Weight is .45 kg (1 lbs.).
- Gig bag: a padded gig bag is included as a standard accessory. It has a stand compartment, bow compartment, charger and accessory pocket, handle and adjustable strap. Loaded weight is 6 kg (15.2 lbs.) Including a stand, and it fits in the overhead luggage compartment of most commercial aircraft.
Acoustic timbre with electric feel. Order today.