A one-of-a-kind, handmade bass.
Made by Spector, in a limited edition of one. The USA NS-5XL limited edition is an exotic wood version of the world famous NS bass designed by Ned Steinberger. Handmade in the Spector USA workshop, it features a 3-piece quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement and a pau ferro fretboard. Body wings are constructed of spalted maple over a walnut core. EMG 40DC active dual-coil pickups are wedded to an 18V preamp system. Other appointments include a gold-plated, solid brass locking bridge, Gotoh tuners, Schaller straplocks, a brass nut, and abalone fingerboard inlays. Hand signed, numbered, and dated by Stuart Spector on the back of the headstock.
- USA NS-5XL Exotic Limited Edition 5-String Bass - Spalted Maple
- Handmade in the Spector USA workshop in upstate NY
- Features world-famous NS curved body design, designed by Ned Steinberger in 1977
- 3-piece quartersawn maple neck, graphite reinforced
- 24 frets
- Spector abalone fingerboard inlays
- Pau ferro fingerboard
- 35" scale
- Special 'exotic' body wings, consisting of spalted maple top AND back with a walnut center core
- Gold hardware
- Spector locking solid brass and gold plated bridge
- Gotoh tuners
- Schaller straplocks.
- EMG active 40DC dual coil pickups
- Spector 18V active tone controls with +/-15db boost and cut
- Brass nut
Play a bass that you alone play. Order the USA NS-5XL Limited Edition today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Spector USA NS-5XL Exotic Limited Edition 5-String Bass:
Obviously whomever has been rating this bass doesnt have a clue of what a good bass should be, cause this thing is awesome. The USA NS 5XL is definitely worth the 4200 you pay for the thing. For one its handmade with choice tonewoods which is all a true bassplayer will care about when he is bass shopping. The wood makes the sound ultimately. Overall it is a beatiful bass but compared to my 10,000 dollar Ritter it's nothing.