- 720012 000000000 720012000000000
Alfred Basic Adult Piano Course: Greatest Hits Book1
- Write a Review
This Greatest Hits volume in the Alfred Basic Adult Piano Course answers the often-expressed need for a variety of supplementary material in many dif...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A compilation of great hits and all-time favorites for the learning pianist.
This Greatest Hits volume in the Alfred Basic Adult Piano Course answers the often-expressed need for a variety of supplementary material in many different popular styles. What could be more fun than to play the music that everybody knows and loves?
When the books in the Greatest Hits series are assigned in conjunction with the Lesson Books, these appealing pieces reinforce new concepts as they are introduced. In addition, the motivation the music provides could not be better. The emotional satisfaction students receive from mastering each popular song increases their enthusiasm to begin the next one.
With the popular music available in the Greatest Hits series (Levels 1 and 2), the use of both books will significantly increase every adult's interest in piano study. Two selections from this book are featured on the Royal Conservatory of Music Popular Selection List (2007 edition): "The Rainbow Connection" and "Nadia's Theme."
- "(We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock" (Max Freedman/Jimmy De Knight)
- "A Whole New World" from Aladdin (Alan Menken/Tim Rice)
- "Beauty and the Beast" (from Beauty and the Beast)" (Alan Menken/Howard Ashman)
- "Blue Suede Shoes" (Carl Perkins [CA])
- "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from The Lion King (Elton John/Tim Rice)
- "Edelweiss" (Rodgers/Hammerstein)
- "Hello, Dolly!" from Hello, Dolly!" (Jerry Herman)
- "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" (Douglass Cross/George Cory)
- "It's a Small World" (Richard and Robert Sherman)
- "Love Me Tender" (Elvis Presley, Vera Matson)
- "Memory" from Cats (Andrew Lloyd Webber/Trevor Nunn)
- "My Heart Will Go On," theme from Titanic (Will Jennings and James Horner)
- "Nadia's Theme" from The Young and the Restless (Barry De Vorzon, Perry Botkin, Jr.)
- "On Broadway" (Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil)
- "Part of Your World" (Alan Menken and Howard Ashman)
- "Puff the Magic Dragon" (Peter Yarrow/Leonard Lipton)
- "Rainbow Connection" (Paul Williams/Kenny Ascher)
- "She Loves You" (Print only) (John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "The Sound of Music" (Rodgers and Hammerstein)
- "That's Amore" (Harry Warren and Jack Brooks)
- "Tomorrow" (Print only) (Charles Strouse, Martin Charnin)
- "What a Wonderful World" (George Weiss/Bob Thiele)