- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Art Taylor - Taylors Wailers
- Write a Review
- #K68371 000000000 K68371000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/06/2012;Notes:In 1956 drummer Art Taylor formed a group called Taylor's Wailers. Donald Byrd and Charlie Rouse were members of the wo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/06/2012;Notes:In 1956 drummer Art Taylor formed a group called Taylor's Wailers. Donald Byrd and Charlie Rouse were members of the working group that debuted at the Pad, a Greenwich Village nightclub on Sheridan Square booked by Bob Reisner, the man who had run the legendary Open Door Sessions. In 1957 Taylor recorded the Wailers for Prestige, adding the alto saxophone of Jackie McLean to the front line. Two of the highlights are the Thelonious Monk compositions, "Well, You Needn't" and "Off Minor," with arrangements by Thelonious himself. One track, "C. T. A.," by Jimmy Heath, is from another session featuring John Coltrane backed by Red Garland, Paul Chambers, and Taylor, a potent Prestige studio combination in those days. There have been many distinguished drummer-leaders in jazz. One expects their groups to be rhythmically exciting. Taylor's Wailers are no exception to this swinging heritage. Cut from the analogue masters by renowned mastering engineer Kevin Gray 200-gram pressing by Quality Record Pressings has a flat edge profile and deep groove label, true to the original LP Deluxe high-gloss tip-on album jacket_x000B__x000B_Art Taylor, drums_x000B_Donald Byrd, trumpet_x000B_Jackie McLean, alto saxophone_x000B_Charlie Rouse, tenor saxophone_x000B_John Coltrane, tenor saxophone_x000B_Ray Bryant, piano_x000B_Red Garland, piano_x000B_Wendell Marshall, bass_x000B_Paul Chambers, bass.;Special Attributes:200 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.