- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Built to Spill - Ancient Melodies Of The Future
- Write a Review
- #K56913 000000000 K56913000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/25/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. Formed in 1992 in Boise, Idaho by guitarist and vocalist Doug Martsch, Built to Spill has si...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/25/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. Formed in 1992 in Boise, Idaho by guitarist and vocalist Doug Martsch, Built to Spill has since evolved radically, shed members, linked eras, and all the while endured as one of the most tuneful and rewarding acts of the lauded Northwest indie-rock tradition. The group signed to Warner Bros. In 1995, but Martsch was wise enough to retain control over production, and by 1999 he'd helmed the group towards commercial and critical success with Keep it Like a Secret. It was a touchstone album, and yet 2001's Ancient Melodies Of The Future bested that career highlight with considerable grace and craft. Marsch's studio proficiency is immediately evident in the alternately delicate and devastating mix of mellotron, keyboard, and inventive guitar overdubs that characterize Ancient Melodies Of The Future's sonic palette. Melodic curlicues distinguish the minor hit "Strange," while woozy grooves propel the mid-tempo ballad "Trimmed and Burning" through an incendiary solo section. As the album title suggests, Ancient Melodies Of The Future stands outside of history in a realm of it's own.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.