- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Coltrane - Tenor Conclave
- Write a Review
- #K68369 000000000 K68369000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/06/2012;Notes:This unusual meeting of four tenor saxophone players from different "schools" was part of the Prestige Friday afternoon...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/06/2012;Notes:This unusual meeting of four tenor saxophone players from different "schools" was part of the Prestige Friday afternoon jam session series but far from a typical outing. The giant forebears of Coleman Hawkins, Lester Young, and Charlie Parker inform the backgrounds of the performers on this LP - Hank Mobley, Al Cohn, Zoot Sims, and John Coltrane - and other influences such as Ben Webster, Dexter Gordon, and the Sonny's (Stitt and Rollins) show up, too, depending on which of the four protagonists you're talking about. _x000B__x000B__x000B_With the Red Garland Trio supplying the underpinning, the four tenors meet on the common ground of the blues ("Bob's Boys"), "I Got Rhythm" ("Tenor Conclave"), and two old standards. (The originals are by Mobley.) Rather than the stylistic differences, what stands out here is the compatibility and spirit of the four meeting on this common ground in an uncommon session._x000B__x000B_Featuring:_x000B_John Coltrane, tenor sax_x000B_Hank Mobley, tenor sax_x000B_Al Cohn, tenor sax_x000B_Zoot Sims, tenor sax_x000B_Red Garland, piano_x000B_Paul Chambers, bass_x000B_Art Taylor, drums.;Special Attributes:200 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.