- Product 950407
Emedia Piano and Keyboard Method CD-ROM
- Write a Review
eMedia Piano and Keyboard Method CD-ROM offers everything you need to learn how to play. Over 300 step-by-step lessons start from basics such as hand...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Master the keyboard with this proven method!
eMedia Piano and Keyboard Method CD-ROM offers everything you need to learn how to play. Over 300 step-by-step lessons start from basics such as hand position, rhythm and playing on black keys, and move on to music notation, sight reading, scales and much more! Piano teacher Irma Irene Justicia, M.A., who has taught at the renowned Juilliard School of Music, guides you with over 70 video demonstrations of techniques. Learn songs and exercises from either the music notation or an animated keyboard that displays fingerings in-time with the music. Songs and exercises are enhanced by live recorded audio, variable-speed MIDI keyboard tracks and colorful MIDI accompaniments. You will learn from over 100 popular classical, blues, pop and rock songs, including hit songs from artists such as Billy Joel, Elvis Presley and Elton John! Interactive review and ear training screens help reinforce new concepts and develop your ear. When used with an electronic MIDI keyboard, you can get specific feedback on playing mistakes, including wrong notes and rhythms. Other accessories on the eMedia Piano and Keyboard Method CD-ROM include a built-in digital metronome and one-track recorder.
- Features over 100 songs including:
- Piano Man - Billy Joel
- Candle in the Wind - Elton John
- Can't Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley
- Ode to Joy - Ludwig van Beethoven
- America the Beautiful - Samuel Ward
- La Bamba - made famous by Los Lobos
- Minuet in G - J.S. Bach
- Tishomingo Blues - Spencer Williams
- The Entertainer - Scott Joplin
- Knockin' on
- Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
- INTERACTIVE FEEDBACK
- Get specific feedback on note and rhythm mistakes made while playing to help you get it right the next time.
- ANIMATED KEYBOARD
- Displays correct fingerings as the music plays or for any note or chord that you double-click.
- AUDIO TRACKS
- Features vibrant multi-track recordings and MIDI tracks that allow you to slow down or speed up the music.
- VIDEO INSTRUCTION
- Includes over 70 video demonstrations with teacher Irma Irene Justicia, M.A., who has taught at the renowned Juilliard School of Music
- REVIEWS AND EAR TRAINING
- Reinforce new concepts and develop your ear with flashcard quizzes.
- DIGITAL METRONOME
- Keep a steady beat with audio and visual feedback.
- Record and play yourself back! Save recordings to measure your progress.
- ACCOMPANIMENT TRACKS
- Practicing is fun when you can play along with colorful MIDI accompaniments at the speed you choose.
Order today and let your computer teach you to play.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I'm a 32 year old electric bassist of 20 years experience learning piano for the first time. Musically, I'm functionally illiterate. I know the bass clef a bit, that's about it. I've been using this method for about 2 weeks; it makes good sense, and I can feel I'm learning. I practice with this about an hour a day before work, and a couple hours a day on weekends.By and large, I'm happy with the purchase, and I think it'll take me where I want to go. That said, there are some negatives: 1) the MIDI tracking is awful. (I'm using this with a m-audio keystation 88 pro on a 1.8ghz AMD Athlon laptop). I found I need an external sound module as the latency is too great, and the feedback about rhythm is very inaccurate. Notation seems OK.2) the vocal accompaniment is cringe-inducing. Fortunately, this can be turned off easily. The full MIDI arrangements of the tunes are even worse. I find myself either using the piano only or just a metronome when practicing the exercises and songs.3) looping sections do not span multiple pages of sheet music. I like to loop a song over many times to get it right when learning, and I can't do that with this, unless the music is only one page long.Outside of this, I like it. The emedia tech support folks are nice too, and answered a question I had (about installing the program and examples fully so I didn't have to load the cdr to get the video examples) within a day or two, and then followed up a couple days later, without my prompting. Excellent!