- 502163 000000000 502163000000000
Hal Leonard How to Make Your Band Sound Great (Book/DVD)
- Write a Review
How to Make Your Band Sound Great from Hal Leonard explores every aspect of playing with other musicians. Author Bobby Owsinski has worked on project...Read More
How to Make Your Band Sound Great from Hal Leonard explores every aspect of playing with other musicians. Author Bobby Owsinski has worked on projects with Elvis, Hendrix, Willie Nelson, Chicago, and more. Now he imparts some of his wisdom about the equipment, hardware, and software used in today's increasingly complex technological world. How to Make Your Band Sound Great also offers information on the principles of sound every musician needs to know to work at the level of a professional band.
The 60-minute DVD takes a typical band through all the actual steps to get them to sound great so you can see actually how it's done.
Industry vet gives key tips based on experience for modern musicians from equipment to software.
- Author: Bobby Owsinski, musician, songwriter, arranger, producer, and engineer for commercials, television, movies, and recording artists
- Covers equipment, hardware, software, sound principles, and more
- Loads of advice from successful pros
- How to play dynamically
- How attacks and releases make your band tighter
- Why playing faster creates less excitement
- How to play at different volume levels yet maintain the same intensity
- How to improve your stage presence
- How to write better songs
- How following the "3P's"
- will make you a better singer
- How to deal with a sore throat
- How to build your set for maximum impact
- The secrets to playing with backing tracks
- Simple stage lighting tricks that make a big impression
- The steps to resolving conflicts in the band
- Why builds and turnarounds are so important
- How to eliminate feedback the ways the pros do it
- How to keep your band together
- How to finally hear yourself onstage
- The easiest way to get a great recording of your gigs and rehearsals
- What a promoter or booker looks for when hiring a band
- How to find the right volume level for the room
- How to get the most out of every rehearsal
- Studio tricks that the pros use to make great recordings
- Platinum-record arranging tips that work every time
How to Make Your Band Sound Great (Book/DVD)
- ISBN: 1423441907
- Format Softcover with CD
- Width: 8.5"
- Length: 11.0"
- 272 pages
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer