More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- 907853 000000000 907853000000000
Hal Leonard Jazz Upright Bass DVD Featuring Ed Friedland
- Write a Review
In this information-packed DVD, bassist Ed Friedland reveals the technical and stylistic details behind playing professional jazz upright bass throug...Click To Read More About This Product
Earn up to 160 (1x) in bonus points today for this item!
6-Month*** financing available
Professional advice for the performing upright bassist.
In this information-packed DVD, bassist Ed Friedland reveals the technical and stylistic details behind playing professional jazz upright bass through live band demonstrations and detailed, step-by-step analysis. Ed's practical, direct teaching style offers easy-to-understand lessons and methodical demonstrations of each topic. The accompanying booklet includes notated versions of each example for added clarity.
- Ed shows you how to:
- Develop stylistic left and right-hand techniques for maximum tone and sustain
- Arrange scale and arpeggio patterns for greater range and efficiency whether walking or soloing
- Deal with typical live performance challenges ” performance protocol, stock intros, endings, trading fours, and more
- Play classic stylistic variations, including Latin jazz, up-tempo tunes, the "two-feel," ballads, and 3/4 time
- Author: Ed Friedland
- Publisher: Hal Leonard
- Medium: DVD
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Hal Leonard Jazz Upright Bass DVD Featuring Ed Friedland:
I had already owned Mr. Friedland's Slap Bass Instructional DVD when I buy his Jazz Upright Bass DVD. Ed Friedland is awesome! He is not only an excellent Bassist/Musician, he is also an excellent teacher. If you buy yourself this DVD you will have bought yourself a gift that keeps on given.