- 907853 000000000 907853000000000
Hal Leonard Jazz Upright Bass DVD Featuring Ed Friedland
- Write a Review
In this information-packed DVD, bassist Ed Friedland reveals the technical and stylistic details behind playing professional jazz upright bass throug...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Professional advice for the performing upright bassist.
In this information-packed DVD, bassist Ed Friedland reveals the technical and stylistic details behind playing professional jazz upright bass through live band demonstrations and detailed, step-by-step analysis. Ed's practical, direct teaching style offers easy-to-understand lessons and methodical demonstrations of each topic. The accompanying booklet includes notated versions of each example for added clarity.
- Ed shows you how to:
- Develop stylistic left and right-hand techniques for maximum tone and sustain
- Arrange scale and arpeggio patterns for greater range and efficiency whether walking or soloing
- Deal with typical live performance challenges ” performance protocol, stock intros, endings, trading fours, and more
- Play classic stylistic variations, including Latin jazz, up-tempo tunes, the "two-feel," ballads, and 3/4 time
- Author: Ed Friedland
- Publisher: Hal Leonard
- Medium: DVD
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Hal Leonard Jazz Upright Bass DVD Featuring Ed Friedland:
I had already owned Mr. Friedland's Slap Bass Instructional DVD when I buy his Jazz Upright Bass DVD. Ed Friedland is awesome! He is not only an excellent Bassist/Musician, he is also an excellent teacher. If you buy yourself this DVD you will have bought yourself a gift that keeps on given.