- Product H66727
Hal Leonard Making A Living In Your Local Music Market
- Write a Review
You can survive happily as a musician in your local music market. This book shows you how to expand and develop your skills as a musician and a compo...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
You can survive happily as a musician in your local music market. This book shows you how to expand and develop your skills as a musician and a composer right in your own backyard.
Making a Living in Your Local Music Market - 3rd Edition explores topics relevant to musicians of every level:
Why should a band have an agreement?
How can you determine whether a personal manager is right for you?
Are contests worth entering?
What trade papers are the most useful?
Why copyright your songs?
· Developing and packaging your artistic skills in the marketplace
· Dealing with contractors, unions, club owners, agents, etc.
· Producing your own recordings
· Planning your future in music
· Music and the Internet
· Artist-operated record companies
· The advantages and disadvantages of independent and major record labels
· Grant opportunities for musicians and how to access them
· College music business programs
· Seminars and trade shows
· Detailed coverage of regional music markets, including Austin, Atlanta, Denver, Miami, Seattle, and Portland, Oregon.
- 288 pages
- Size: 9" x 6"
- Author: Dick Weissman
- ISBN: 634099248