- Write a Review
Beautiful student baritone.
The BE1057 baritone is renowned for its rich sound and accurate intonation. Lightweight and smaller than most other baritones, the BE1057 is perfectly suited for younger players. Young players attempting to become comfortable with the baritone can become fatigued before their embouchure even gets a workout. between its light weight, its easy intonation and its pleasing timbre, it is an ideal horn to get a student interested in the beauty and expressiveness of low brass.
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .516" ( 11,13 mm )
- Hand-made bell in yellow brass
- Bell diameter: 8" ( 203 mm )
- 3 valves
- 2 waterkeys
- Finishes: clear lacquer or bright silverplate
Order today and learning low brass will be fun and satisfying.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Nice Tone
- Quality Case
- Difficult to tune
- Feels Like A Toy
- Mid Register Problems
Comments about Besson BE1057 Performance Series Bb Baritone Horn:
Though the BE1057 has a quality carrying case, a wonderful finish and an overall warm timbre, it is not the kind of quality instrument that one would expect from Besson. This baritone is proffered as having excellent intonation; however, in order to come close to playing in tune the main tuning slide needed to be pulled almost completely out under the best environmental conditions. Moving from the mid to upper register, the instrument had to be pushed more than should be expected to play pitches in tune. The mid register required uncomfortable effort to play pitches combining valves 1 & 2 or 2 & 3 (these seemed much too stuffy). Though the valves are quiet with a decent action the BE1057 overall feels more like a toy than a genuine brass instrument. I would not recommend this instrument for a student or professional. I believe a student would become easily discouraged attempting to learn to play well on this instrument. At around $1300 this is greatly overpriced.