- #J23957 585140000000000
B&S 3142 Challenger I Series Bb Cornet
- Write a Review
The 3142 Challenger I Bb cornet offers outstanding performance in an entry-level professional instrument. The 3142 features a .462-inch bore combined...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A logical solution to your cornet dreams.
The 3142 Challenger I Bb cornet offers outstanding performance in an entry-level professional instrument. The 3142 features a .462-inch bore combined with a 4.921-inch hand hammered one-piece yellow brass bell and Shepherd' crook. The overall design of the 3142 offers the player a centered sound with a little bit of resistance to make this cornet a great choice for the trumpet player that needs to double on cornet, but wants a similar playing feel to their trumpet. The 3142 Challenger I cornet includes a case and mouthpiece and is available in lacquer or silver finish. Select finish from dropdown menu.
The scenario is common. A trumpeter who loves cornet, but for whom an artisan-level instrument doesn't make sense just by sheer virtue of the only occasional need formit. Further complicating matters is a love of and appreciation for fine instruments. This cornet is professionally presentable and should satisfy the requirements of most advanced brass players, and while certainly not cheap, it comes into a price range that may make the difference between getting a cornet or not, as it solves the price to performance challenge beautifully.
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .462-inch
- Leadpipe: Standard
- Leadpipe material: Yellow brass
- Bell: 4.921-inch hand hammered one-piece
- Bell material: Yellow brass
- Valves: Monel piston
- 1st valve slide adjustment: Thumb saddle
- 3rd valve slide adjustment: Fixed ring
- Features: Hand hammered one-piece bell; Shepherd' crook; Nickel silver outer slides
- Case: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Yes
A delightful cornet at a modest price.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.