- #460392 000000000 460392000000000
Holton H279 Farkas Professional French Horn
- Write a Review
The Holton H279 Farkas Professional French Horn is the same as model H179, but with a detachable bell. Farkas models are regarded among working profe...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
With detachable bell.
The Holton H279 Farkas Professional French Horn is the same as model H179, but with a detachable bell. Farkas models are regarded among working professionals and leading academics as the flagships of the Holton fleet. These French Horns produce the truly centered tone sought by all, and its true temper makes it a delight to fly over even the most difficult passages. The solid nickel silver edition model H279 has especially good center and projection. This free-blowing horn features a rich, dark sound designed for the "big horn" artist. The tapered tubing and throat of the bell are larger for a bigger, darker tone. The H279 French Horn's bell flare produces a mellow, velvety tone plus a little overtone of a ringing quality. Hard nickel silver responds quickly and sounds brighter up close.
- Key of Bb/F double
- .468" bore
- Detachable 12-1/4" bell of hand-hammered nickel silver
- .310 venturi of nickel silver
- Noiseless string action, short stroke with stainless steel spring
- Tapered hand-lapped brass valve rotors
- Slides are solid nickel silver inside and out
An instrument worthy of the virtuoso. Order today.
H279 Farkas Professional French Horn
- Key: F/Bb
- Bore: .468-inch
- Bell: 12.25-inch Hand-Hammered
- Bell Type: Detachable
- Bell Throat: Large
- Bell Material: Nickel Silver
- Leadpipe: Fixed
- Leadpipe Material: Nickel Silver
- Wrap: Kruspe
- Linkage: String
- Features: Hand-Hammered Nickel Silver Bell; Tapered Rotors and Bearings; Solid Nickel Silver Inner and Outer Slides; Water Key on Leadpipe
- Case: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Holton Farkas Medium Deep Cup
- Finish: Nickel Silver
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Holton H279 Farkas Professional French Horn:
This is a great sounding horn! The only downfall with this instrument is the amount of air it needs to reach the highest and lowest notes. When I switched from the school's horn (a KING) to my own new H279, it took a little getting used to, but the rich sound is worth it. This horn will get me through college and it's a great buy! It's a great horn that looks and SOUNDS Fabulous.