- #H75337 000001000 H75337000001000
Kanstul 1602-B Bb Tenor Trombone
- Write a Review
Los Angeles recording artist Alan Kaplan has for years played his signature ballad and studio styles on a vintage H.N White trombone, made in the 193...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Fast action, velvety smooth sound.
Los Angeles recording artist Alan Kaplan has for years played his signature ballad and studio styles on a vintage H.N White trombone, made in the 1930's by Matty Shiner for the great Tommy Dorsey. That very rare instrument had never been replicated. That is, until he approached Zig Kanstul. Zig has produced an improved version, and Alan liked the results so much, he now uses the 1602-B model all the time.
Kanstul has been a leader in modern trombone development. The CR Valve (full bore, lightweight) and open wrap design are just two modern refinements. The Model 1602-B features Kanstul's lightest .500" slide. It features lighter tubes and thinner ferrules for the fastest action available. There is no trombone hand slide with as light a feel as this one. The bell is hand-hammered and hand spun, and is made of a single piece of lightweight brass sheet, for a velvety smooth sound that is well-centered at all dynamic levels. These specifications combine to produce a sports car of a trombone, nimble, warm, friendly or even strident, as you prefer. The tone is malleable, so this horn does what you want.
The Model 1602-B includes three removable mouthpipes, including replicas of an original H.N. White, an Alan Kaplan signature pipe, and one based on Jiggs Whigham's favorite mouthpipe. Also comes with Pro Tec tenor trombone case.
- Hand-hammered one-piece lightweight .020" yellow brass
- Extra lightweight hand slide
- Nickel tuning slide tubes
- Three interchangeable mouthpipes - JW, 2B and AK
Order a horn that does what you want!
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .500"
- Bell: 7 1/2" diameter one piece
- Mouthpipe: interchangeable
- Water keys: traditional
- Finish: clear lacquer (1602-B-1) or silver (1606-B-2)
- Mouthpiece: Kanstul Kaplan trombone
- Case: Pro Tec tenor trombone case
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy Tone Production
- Fun To Play
- Vibrant Sound
- Jazz Clubs
- Small Venues
Comments about Kanstul 1602-B Bb Tenor Trombone:
I have played trombone since it was taller than I was. I've owned Olds, Bach, Strad, King, Conn, both tenor and bass. I have played both professionally and as an amateur. The Kanstul tenor horn is better than any of them. It is light weight, and the slide is a miracle. I don't know how metal on metal could be made move so easily, even dry.