- #463612 000420000 463612000420000
Kanstul 985-L Series 4-Valve Euphonium
- Write a Review
The Kanstul 985-L Series 4-Valve Euphonium is a quality instrument from a trusted brand. It features a .570 to .593 dual bore and a 12 upright yel...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The Kanstul 985-L Series 4-Valve Euphonium is a quality instrument from a trusted brand. It features a .570 to .593 dual bore and a 12 upright yellow brass bell. Smooth and quiet action is due to the bottom sprung, durable Monel valves. This euphonium comes with a case and a large shank mouthpiece. It is available in a lacquer or silver finish.
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .570-.593-inch Dual Bore
- Bell: 12-inch Two-Piece
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Position: Upright
- Valves: Monel Pistons
- Number of Valves: 4
- Valve Position: Traditional 3 Top Action and 1 Side Action
- System: Non-Compensating
- Features: Traditional 4-Valve System; Bottom Sprung Monel Valves with Plastic Valve Guides; Large Shank Mouthpiece Receiver
- Case: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Kanstul 6-1/2AL-L
- Mouthpiece Shank: Large
- Finish: Lacquer, Silver
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Kanstul 985-L Series 4-Valve Euphonium:
I took a bit of a gamble with the Kanstul 985-L, but overall I am quite pleased.
I am primarily a Yamaha and King trombone player, but wanted to learn euphonium to play along with our organist at church.
So, I am learning how to "lip" my intonation, having been used to a slide to take care of that in the past. However, I brought the horn to a reputable tuba/euphonium player and my kids' band instructor, and they both agreed it was a very nice intermediate horn for a reasonable price.
The open middle F and D both seem a bit sharp on an electronic tuner, as well as the F# and G, but with the main tuning slide, 1st valve slide, and 3rd valve slides open 1/2 inch, and playing the middle C and F on the 4th valve, I am learning to get the overall intonation quite a bit better. I am not at all used to valves, so I also got the Hal Leonard Essential Technique book 3 to help me learn. I am sure I'll keep this instrument for life. Good work Kanstul!
- Was this a gift?: