- #H75328 000002000 H75328000002000
Kanstul Model 1606 Bb Tenor Trombone
- Write a Review
The great Spike Wallace, former principal trombonist of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, knew what he wanted in a trombone. He wanted a sonorous sound l...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
With a large throat hand-hammered one-piece bell.
The great Spike Wallace, former principal trombonist of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, knew what he wanted in a trombone. He wanted a sonorous sound like a large King, but a fast response of a smaller horn. His friend Earl Williams created such instruments for generations. Sadly, those Williams instruments are no longer in production, but after many requests to produce a replica, Zig Kanstul obliged and succeeded.
The Kanstul Model 1606 features a large throat one-piece bell, which is completely hand-hammered and hand spun. Its large bow tuning slide and distinctive curved bracing add to its broad tone. The slide is very light, with nickel outer tubes and crook, and a new set of ferrules for style and lighter weight. Three removable mouthpipes are offered: a replica of the original, and also two replicas of mouthpipes made by the great Burt Herrick, a renowned Los Angeles brass instrument builder and innovator.
Kanstul has been a leader in modern trombone development. The CR Valve (full bore, lightweight) and open wrap design are just two modern refinements. The Model 1606 includes a 12C model mouthpiece and a Pro Tec case.
- Hand-hammered one-piece lightweight .020" yellow brass
- Nickel hand slide end crook
- Curved hand brace
- Distinctive bell bracing
- Three interchangeable mouthpipes - S, W6 and H6
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .500"
- Bell: 8" diameter
- Mouthpipe: interchangeable
- Water Keys: traditional
- Finish: clear lacquer (1606-1) or silver (1606-2)
- Mouthpiece: Kanstul KAPLAN Trombone
- Case: Pro Tec tenor trombone case
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Kanstul Model 1606 Bb Tenor Trombone:
The first time I played this horn I knew it was something special.The more I played it, the more I wanted to play it.The attacks are a perfect balance for me, as is the resistance. The this horn truly resonates and projects incredibly well.Find the leadpipe with the correct balance for the way you play and Watch Out!
Zig has created a monster trombone with this one.
- Was this a gift?: