- Product 470840
Meinl Weston 45P 5 Valve F Tuba
- Write a Review
The Meinl Weston 45P Series 5 Valve 6/4 Professional F Tuba is one of today's best F tubas. The Meinl Weston 45SLP (45P) has the sound of the highly ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
One of the best F tubas
The Meinl Weston 45P Series 5 Valve 6/4 Professional F Tuba is one of today's best F tubas. The Meinl Weston 45SLP (45P) has the sound of the highly sought after German F tubas with a .748" to .787" graduated bore coupled with an improved low register and piston valves allows this tuba to meet the needs of both the soloist and the orchestral player. This tuba is endorsed by players such as Jeffrey L. Funderburk, University of Northern Iowa, Samuel J. Pilafian, Arizona State University, and Warren Deck, formally of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. Case NOT included.
- Key of F, 6/4 size
- .748" bore
- 17.25" bell and 31.1" tall
- 4 front action piston valves and 5th rotary valve
45P 5 Valve F Tuba
- Bell: 16.5"
- Bore: .748" to .787" graduated bore
- Case: Sold separately
- Key: F
- Size: 6/4
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Meinl Weston 45P 5 Valve F Tuba:
These tubas have a huge Bass tuba sound with a quick response and nimble character. Intonation is solid and the 2nd valve slide trigger makes any needed slide pulling as simple as catching a ball in a cup. the valves are fast and light, though they are the MW Big Valves they don't feel it. My one complaint about this tuba is the ergonomics are a little off. the thumb ring and fifth valve trigger are too high in relation to the valve block making the fourth valve a bit of a stretch, it was definitely designed by someone with a BIG hand. Also, the price is fairly reasonable.