- Product 470831
Meinl Weston 5450 Thor Series 5-Valve 5/4 CC Tuba
5450-S Silver Large Bell
- Write a Review
The 5450 Thor CC Tuba is a superior instrument in all regards. Known for its excellent œhammer sound, this tuba has beautiful, rich resonance and a ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Excellent CC Tuba!
The 5450 Thor CC Tuba is a superior instrument in all regards. Known for its excellent œhammer sound, this tuba has beautiful, rich resonance and a huge low register. The Thor tuba was developed with the Radio Symphony Orchestra Kopenhagen™s Jens Bjorn-Larsen. The Thor features a 17.71 bell, 4 stainless steel piston valves, and a thumb activated 5th rotary valve. This instruments large bore and ergonomic design contribute to its classic, rich tones. For a superior professional CC tuba, play the 5450 Thor Series 5-Valve 5/4 Tuba.
- Key: CC
- Size: 5/4
- Bore: .748"; .787" 4th Valve, .807" 5th Valve
- Bell: 17.71"
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Position: Upright
- Number of Valves: 5
- Valve Position: Front
- Valve Type: 4 Piston and 1 Thumb-Activated Rotary Valve
- Valve Material: Stainless Steel Piston and Brass Rotary
- Features: Ergonomic Design
- Case: No
- Mouthpiece: Yes
- Finish: Lacquer, Silver
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy Tone Production
- Fun To Play
- Vibrant Sound
- Flat pitch on some notes
- College Wind Ensemble
Comments about Meinl Weston 5450 Thor Series 5-Valve 5/4 CC Tuba:
This was the second C-Horn I have ever played on. It's a Meinl-Weston so it's GOING to be a good Horn. Yes, it's a 5/4 size and it allows you to move tons of air, but I feel there is just TOO much metal for the sound quality it produces. You can get just as good a sound out of a smaller (AND LESS EXPENSIVE) horn. This will turn your lungs into a 300cc air compressor, though: WOW.
I would suggest this based on its playing ability, but for the money it's worth and what it does, I say get a cheaper horn (Mirafone, baby!). The tuba instructor at UNC Charlotte bought three of these horns BRAND NEW. When I told my future tuba instructor at a different school, he referred to the purchases as "excessive" and "unnecessary", and this guy has been in the Army Band.
I have been playing for six years and will continue studying the tuba in college. I have been to all-state, all-district, and many other honors bands, so I SHOULD know what I'm GENERALLY talking about, save a college degree. :P But honestly, take my advice on this one.