- Product J02263
Yamaha Neo Series Bb Cornet
- Write a Review
The Neo cornet line provides a greater breadth of tonal colors for the ultimate freedom of expression. The use of gold brass for the lead-pipe and ma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A wonderful splash of color for your collection.
The Neo cornet line provides a greater breadth of tonal colors for the ultimate freedom of expression. The use of gold brass for the lead-pipe and main tuning slide give these new cornets a rich, flexible sound and excellent response in the high register. Developed with 3 of the brass band world's most successful cornet players and conductors, these highly expressive cornets bring new musical possibilities to both solo and ensemble performances.
- Gold brass has been newly adopted to the part of the tube leading from the leadpipe to the valves, delivering the depth of sound and richness of tonal color that is required for traditional brass bands
- The one-piece bell provides a wide palette of tonal colors and improved response
- Custom-designed single case features a better fit and provides more protection when transporting your Neo cornet
Order now and recreate the brass band sound.
Neo Series Bb Cornet
Bell Diameter: 5"
Bore Size: 0.469"
Bell: Yellow brass
Included Accessories: Case CRC-830
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Great Intonation
- Vibrant Sound
- Brass Bands
- Concert Bands
- Solo Work
Comments about Yamaha Neo Series Bb Cornet:
This is a wonderful cornet and is part of Yamaha's Neo Series. Neo Series instruments were primarily developed with a British Brass Band in mind. However, this horn will fit into "any" venue. This is a heavy instrument, which is probably one of its greatest strengths. With the heavy construction, gold brass leadpipe and tuning crook all of the rich sound is focused into a large yellow brass bell. Mouthpiece selection is everything when it comes to a cornet. The larger the cup, the darker the sound. There are many fine mouthpieces on the market, but I prefer the GR mouthpieces, which helps me to transition easily between trumpet and cornet. The bore is a .469, so it is a large bore horn and the horn has a 5" bell. The larger bell is wonderful and really helps to resonate the sound. The tone is fantastic and the horn is very flexible in all registers. Like all Yamaha horns, or at least the Neo's I am familiar with, have outstanding intonation. Although, one should use a tuner to learn the characteristics of those notes that generally require some slide action. I believe the Yamaha will amaze you and that you will probably find that you use less slide on those notes, or in some cases, no slide at all. The fit and finish are the best. The valves are very good and fast. I expect they will continue to improve with use, but out of the box they are already great. The horn probably plays best with a short shank mouthpiece; but, my longer shank GR works great. The horn is comfortable to hold and the triggers are easy to use. The included case is very nice. It is lockable and it has room for a couple of mutes and two mouthpieces. For me, the horn is nothing short of perfect.