- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Malletech 5.0 Imperial Grand Marimba
- Write a Review
- #J02803 000001000 J02803000001000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This top-level marimba is the instrument of choice for many of the world's finest marimba players. It features triple-harmonic tuned rosewood bars wh...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The choice of leading marimba soloists throughout the world.
This top-level marimba is the instrument of choice for many of the world's finest marimba players. It features triple-harmonic tuned rosewood bars whose overtone series achieves a level of excellence in intonation that will delight and amaze the discriminating player. Within the overtone series, there is no clouding of the fundamental tone, and only desirable harmonics are audible.
Its construction is as impressive as its sound, with solid oak end boards, 1/4" solid brass bracing, and brass hinges, bar posts and fasteners. The keyboard bars are fashioned from select Honduran rosewood, air-dried for at leastf 5 years, then kiln-dried. It comes in a honey oak stain and is available with or without height adjustment.
Finest materials used
Order soon and supply your orchestra, venue or studio with the only vibraphone you'll ever need.
Range - 5 octaves, 61 notes, C-C
Pitch - A=442 standard, other tuning options available
Height - 34-5/8" to top of naturals, 36" overall
Width - 41" low end, 16" high end
Length - 107"
Weight - approximately 366 pounds
Triple-harmonic tuned rosewood bars
Ultra-wide bass bars for maximum volume
Oversized round tubular resonators in low range provide:
- maximum sustain and sweetness of tone
- increased volume and projection
- improved focus of tone
- emphasis on fundamental pitch
- amplification of desired harmonics only
Patented tunable plugs in every resonator allow performer to:
- adjust ring time and volume
- compensate for temperature and humidity changes
- sound great in any environment
- personalize the sound of the marimba
Solid brass fittings, hinges and braces
Exclusive invisible rubber "uni-brackets"
- virtually eliminate frame noise
- isolate the bar rails and resonators from the frame to reduce vibration
Six-part resonator system for easy handling and set-up
- assembled with solid brass lock nuts
Solid brass V-braces
- support resonators along entire length
- prevent sagging resonators
Super-node drilling for bar cord
- increases ring time
- reduces bar bounce
Silent custom 100% cotton bar cord with quick-adjust tension clutch
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.