- H92820 000000000 H92820000000000
Audio-Technica AT5040 Cardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone
- Write a Review
Designed as a first-choice vocal microphone, the AT5040 features an extremely smooth top end with controlled sibilance. Large-diaphragm characteristi...Read More
Design innovation and exceptional detail.
Designed as a first-choice vocal microphone, the AT5040 features an extremely smooth top end with controlled sibilance. Large-diaphragm characteristics and fast transient response also make it ideal for recording acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, strings and saxophone. A new series from Audio-Technica, one of the leaders in microphone technology, it offers several innovative design aspects that promise to land it among the pantheon of truly great studio vocal microphones.
The debut of AT's flagship 50 Series, the AT5040 represents a milestone in condenser design, offering remarkably musical high-fidelity performance, with profound realism and depth, presence and purity of sound.
Four-part rectangular element
The first of the design criteria for the AT5040 was purity of sound. To achieve this, Audio-Technica engineers developed a four-part rectangular element, the pinnacle of AT's recent breakthroughs in sound-capture technology. Four exquisitely matched ultra-thin diaphragms function together (with outputs proprietarily summed) as Audio-Technica's largest-ever element, providing combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm.
By using four diaphragms in a single capsule, the AT5040 delivers the benefits of an exceptionally large diaphragm, along with an extremely low noise floor, without increased weight, decreased transient response or other drawbacks that typically restrict diaphragm size. Another key AT5040 design feature is advanced internal shock mounting that effectively decouples the capsule from the microphone body. For additional isolation, each AT5040 is also provided with Audio-Technica's innovative new AT8480 shock mount.
100% quality control
Every AT5040 is hand assembled and individually inspected for 100% quality control. Each microphone is enclosed in an elegant housing of aluminum and brass with high-quality gray finish for durability and low reflectivity. Discrete components have been selected for optimized capsule performance; in fact, every aspect of the microphone has been carefully considered to minimize any effects on the audio signal. This new 50 Series cardioid condenser is pure innovation, not emulation.
- Audio-Technica's premier studio condenser vocal microphone
- Extremely musical high-fidelity performance, with profound realism and depth, presence and purity of sound
- Four rectangular diaphragms (2 micron) function together as Audio-Technica's largest-ever element, providing combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm
- Exceptionally low noise and wide dynamic range ideal for studio vocals
- Discrete components carefully selected for optimized capsule performance
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Hand assembled and inspected for 100% quality contro
- Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body
- Elegant, durable housing of aluminum and brass
- Included advanced-design custom AT8480 shock mount provides superior isolation
- Custom hard-shell carrying case with die-cut foam compartments offers protection during storage and transport
Order now for the AT's flagship studio vocal mic.
AT5040 Cardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
Polar pattern: cardioid
Frequency response: 20 - 20,000 hz
Open circuit sensitivity: -25 db (56.2 mv) re 1v at 1 pa
Impedance: 50 ohms
Maximum input sound level: 142 db spl, 1 khz at 1% t.h.d.
Noise: 5 db spl
Dynamic range (typical): 137 db, 1 khz at max spl
Signal-to-noise ratio: 89 db, 1 khz at 1 pa
Phantom power requirements: 48v dc, 3.8 ma typical
Weight: 582 g (20.5 oz)
Dimensions: 165.3 mm (6.51'') long,
57.0 mm (2.24'') maximum body diameter
Output connectors: integral 3-pin XLR m-type
Accessories furnished: AT8480 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; protective carrying case