The MXL 2003A is a go-to condenser microphone for those critical recording applications like acoustic guitar, where clarity, presence, and detail are essential. Selectable bass cut and -10dB pad provide additional recording options, while its transformerless FET preamp will please the pickiest engineers with its smooth and even response.
An affordable large-diaphragm condenser that will please the pickiest engineers.
- Vintage modeled capsule design
- Balanced transformerless output for low-noise operation
- Bass roll-off switch set to 150Hz at 6 dB/octave
- Attenuation -10 dB pad switch
- Comes with MXL-56 high-isolation shock mount
- Wired with Mogami cable
- 3-year warranty
Get transformerless clarity without the high cost. Order your MXL mic today.
2003A Condenser Mic
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser mic
- Diaphragm: 3 micron gold-sputtered
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: -42.9 dB re 1 V/Pa
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Equivalent noise: -11 dB (A-weighted IEC 651)
- S/N Ratio: 83 dB
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 152 dB SPL
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power (Â±4V)
- Current Consumption: 6.6mA
- Size: 50mm x 190mm/1.97 in. x 7.48 in.
- Weight: 453.59g/1 lb
- Metal Finish: Black with black grille
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about MXL 2003A Condenser Mic:
It's very transparent. What you hear is what you get. I used this with the Grace Design 101 preamp (which I also recommend). This sounds like a pro studio microphone and I am amazed at the price of it. I'm getting another one so I can have stereo.