- Product 279503
Neumann Solution D TLM 103 D Microphone Starter Set With AES/EBU Interface - 44.1/48kHz
- Write a Review
The Neumann Solution D Microphone Starter Set S/PDIF is a TLM 103 D microphone and a AES/EBU connection kit. This Neumann-based mic set gives you an ...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
The Neumann Solution D Microphone Starter Set S/PDIF is a TLM 103 D microphone and a AES/EBU connection kit. This Neumann-based mic set gives you an economically attractive entry into the world of digital microphones. The starter kit permits easy connection of a Neumann TLM 103 microphone to the widely used AES/EBU audio interfaces. The kit supports all standard sampling frequencies from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
For those budgeting for future purchases of recording equipment an A/D converter is already integrated into this Neumann digital microphone system, and a preamplifier is not required. Another advantage to this kit is the elimination of compatibility considerations. All of the components are available from a single source, so that the Neumann microphone sound can be captured on your digital recording medium with no coloration.
ThIs system can be expanded at any time by acquiring a separate Neumann DMI-2 and the RCS remote control software to take advantage of additional switchable parameters and remotely controlled functions.
TLM 103 D digital large-diaphragm microphone
The TLM 103 D microphone is the digital version of a classic Neumann mic for home recording and project studios.
In TLM 103 D microphone, the Neumann A/D converter receives the output signal directly from the mic capsule. With a dynamic range exceeding that of the capsule, the converter permits optimal utilization of the capsule's qualities. This ensures that the mic capsule signal is available to your recording system without any coloration, and with excellent transparency.
If required, the DSP functions integrated into the microphone can be configured and controlled remotely via the DMI-2 digital microphone interface and the RCS remote control software. These functions include gain setting, a compressor/limter with an additional de-esser function, and a peak limiter. The digital concept proves particularly beneficial here. The peak limiter, which receives the output signal almost directly from the capsule, acts as an automatic "safety valve", permitting safe exploitation of the entire available dynamic range even in stressful recording situations.
For the purpose of clear identification, information concerning the name of the manufacturer, model, serial number and installed software version is transmitted by the microphones to the connected receiver.
The microphone is equipped with a 3-pin XLR connector for transmission of a bi-directional signal conforming to the AES 42 standard. This signal includes the balanced digital microphone output signal, the phantom power supply, and a remote control data stream that also contains a signal for synchronizing the microphone with a master clock.
Digital version of the TLM 103 with built-in A/D and easy AES/EBU digital connection.
- Legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm.
- Uncolored sound reproduction, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- Neumann A/D converters
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
Go pure Neumann sound all the way from source to DAW at up to 192kHz and save money too — no additional A-D or preamp needed!
Solution D TLM 103 D Microphone Starter Set With AES/EBU Interface - 44.1/48kHz
- TLM 103 D Microphone
- Acoustic transducer: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional characteristic: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Free-field sensitivity2):â39 dBFS
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR4): 17.5 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted4): 7 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio3), CCIR4): 76.5 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio3), A-weighted4): 87 dB
- Maximum SPL at 0 dBFS: 127 dBSPL
- Dynamic range, A-weighted4): 127 dB
- Sampling rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz
- Preset Gain: 10 dB (variable with DMI-2)
- Weight: approx. 1 Lb., 460 g
- Diameter: 2.36", 60 mm
- Length: 4.72", 132 mm
- Connection Kit AES/EBU Specifications
- Connector: input XLR3F, output Cinch (XLR3M)
- Weight: approx. 0.28 Lb., 130 g
- Width: .90 ", 32 mm
- Height: 1.02", 26 mm
- Length: 4.13", 105 mm