- J05051 000000000 J05051000000000
2Box DrumIt Five Series Electronic Drum Kit
- Write a Review
The DrumIt Five is built around a high-strength, low-weight pad/cymbal and stand system. Add to this an extremely powerful drum unit with 4GB on-boar...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An open-sound e-kit that gives players freedom to choose, create or refine drum sounds.
The DrumIt Five is built around a high-strength, low-weight pad/cymbal and stand system. Add to this an extremely powerful drum unit with 4GB on-board Flash memory, and you have the foundation for a truly groundbreaking, new sensation in electronic drums.
The DrumIt Five trigger system offers low-latency triggering and great dynamic range, while the sounds are delivered at 44,100Hz by 24-bit digital-to-analog converters. Cast in aluminum and ranging from 8"-14", the quiet rubber heads were designed to mimic the rebound feel of a real kit. The acoustic sound level from these heads is minimal. The revolutionary Floating Rim features an independent rim trigger as well as a main head sensor. Both triggers in the pad are connected to one input on the unit via a stereo trigger cable.
Featuring the same silent rubber surface of the cymbals, the DrumIt hi-hat works the same as a conventional acoustic hi-hat, i.e. a movable playing surface. Built-in sensors enable the hi-hat to reproduce the broad sound palette inherent to a hi-hat. Likewise, the multi-zone, chokeable and silicon rubber cymbals are also free to swing when struck. They also include all natural zones of a normal acoustic cymbal, cup, bow and edge.
Offering multiple connectivity options, sounds and kits can be easily downloaded to the DrumIt Five module via a USB connection and internal Flash memory. Use the editor to download complete kits or just drag-and-drop from the computer's file manager. By way of the DrumIt Five editor (PC / Mac), you can make your own multi-sampled sounds from wav, aiff or rex files. Additionally, select sounds from the DrumIt sound library, made by top artists, recorded in multi-channel multi-layer format in professional studios, carefully edited to offer unsurpassed sound quality.
- Pads: 8- to 14-inch sizes equipped with specially designed DrumIt rubber heads
- Separate rim trigger
- Multi-zone cymbals: Chokeable three zone cymbals: cup, bow and edge, mounted as traditional cymbals
- Hi-Hat: Special hi-hat controller
- Unit: 10 dual-function trig inputs, ( max 15 independent trig channels), 2 audio line-in, 6 audio line out plus headphones (8 total), USB (full-speed), MIDI in and out, 17 x 4 plus 20 x 4 character LCD, 10 channel buttons, 8 system buttons, 3 rotary dials, 1 volume knob, 4 GB Flash memory, external power supply
- Kits: 100 fully editable kits
- Sounds: Recorded in multi channel multi-layer mode, mixed down to stereo DrumIt sounds. User sounds can be created from any wave, aiff or rex files
- Editor: PC/Mac software for editing drum kits on the computer and (in a later revision) editing DrumIt sounds or create multi-sampled user sounds from wav, aiff or rex files.
- Stand: Rack stand system (proprietary design), brackets are compatible with various other rack stand system on the market. Separate hi-hat craddle
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Great Sound
- Mediocre Hardware
- Ok Hardware
Comments about 2Box DrumIt Five Series Electronic Drum Kit:
I've had this set for a couple of weeks now, and it's gotten some heavy use from me. First off, the sounds. Right out of the box, it sounded amazing. I'm only using headphones right now, so I can't speak of what it sounds like through a monitor, but through headphones it's great. I've played Roland's V drums(TD-20 and TD-12 I believe), and this 2Box module blows them out of the water.
My biggest issue with the set is the hardware. It wasn't great. The rack feels cheap, and the toms and bass pad move quite a lot. The pads themselves have a wonderful build quality. They are heavy, and feel very sturdy. I'm not crazy about the Hi-Hat mechanism either. It takes a lot of calibration on the module, and a lot of fiddling with your hi-hat stand to make it feel natural when played.
The first time I set it up, my cymbals weren't triggering properly. This was due to the black rubber ring that runs along the edge of the cymbal coming out of place. Once I figured that out, and fixed it, the cymbal pads worked fine.
Bottom line is, it sounds absolutely fantastic, and if you don't mind the pads bouncing up and down, or having to take a while to tweak some settings in the module, I would definitely recommend it. I am happy with my purchase.
- Ability to add sounds
- Great Sound
- High quality samples
- Very few factory samples
- Live Venues
Comments about 2Box DrumIt Five Series Electronic Drum Kit:
The 2Box Drumit 5 module has a cool look and has the potential to bring practically any sound for you to play on your pads. But be advised, the open architecture is what this module is all about. Interfaced with your computer, it can do much more than most modules out there and offers the ability to import very authentic sounds via third parties and the 2Box website. That being said, be prepared for a skinny on board pallet. An example is the Tom menu...just 7 sets vs over 25 sets on a Roland TD-12 and even more on others. It has a total of 32 snare drums with other makers having hundreds...get the picture? This is a grab it and run module, letting you import via 2Box software all the sounds YOU want and not hundreds of sounds you will never use. Conversely, if that is not your style, you have a quite small selection of drum and percussion sounds to choose from and might best look elsewhere. Additionally, if you buy just the module without the 2Box hi-hat, you will have to purchase a third party adapter to make yours work for about a hundred. This is undoubtedly an asset to most any electronic drummer's collection and offers expandability/versatility not found in most other drum modules. It will work splendidly for those wanting to import their own sounds or others who only need a few good sounding sets to play.