- Write a Review
Gon Bops founder Mariano Bobadilla built only one line of drums special enough to put his name on: the Mariano Series.
Today Gon Bops is proud to offer a modern version of their classic instrument of legend. A lot of time and effort was devoted to finding a wood that was similar in both physical properties and sound to the original Gon Bops Mariano Series Congas. After intensive research and experimentation, durian wood was selected. Lighter in weight than the other woods Gon Bops uses for its drums, Durian wood is harvested from old, non-productive fruit trees that are then replanted making it a sustainable resource.
To round out the vintage sound of this series, the drums feature traditional counter hoops and authentic Latin American cowhide heads. Gon Bops makes the Mariano Series in the traditional Cuban shape. These drums feature Gon Bops compact hardware which is engineered to decrease the stress on the shell and hardware making it more durable and easier to tune.
The latest reincarnation of a legendary conga series was worth waiting for!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Nice Looking Well Made
- Flat Sound
- Not Sensitive
- V Poor Head Design
Comments about Gon Bops Mariano Series Conga:
The thick & rough skin head kills the drum and is no good for any fast finger action. The double lip on the top of the drum is also a playing problem. If you are strictly a flat hand slap player this drum might work OK. This drum should use a thinner, smooth finished rawhide skin, like the older Gon Bops and get rid of the double lip!