- 443269 000015000 443269000015000
LP M301 Matador Custom Bongos
- Write a Review
The new Matador Custom Bongos are anchored with high strength steel bottoms for stability, and a new ribbed shell design enhances shell strength in a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The working musician's bongos.
The new Matador Custom Bongos are anchored with high strength steel bottoms for stability, and a new ribbed shell design enhances shell strength in addition to giving it a unique look. The shells are constructed from kiln-dried Siam oak, and topped with hand-selected traditional size 7-1/4" and 8-5/8" rawhide heads. It's a winning combination -- a bongo that projects a range of crisp highs and lower mids and looks fantastic!
Matador Custom Bongos are available in finishes matching their Custom Conga counterparts, and come with a durable tuning wrench.
- Kiln-dried Siam oak shells
- Hand-selected traditional-size 7-1/4" and 8-5/8" rawhide heads
- Steel bottoms
- Ribbed shell design adds strength and a unique look
- Includes durable tuning wrench
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great Sound
- Huge Tone
- Quality materials
- Solid Construction
- Jazz Clubs
- School Bands
- Small Venues
Comments about LP M301 Matador Custom Bongos:
I'm currently playing in several community concert bands, as well as a praise and rock band. The LP Matador series is excellent! Just the other day I got to play on the LP Aspire bongos, and the difference was clear. There is not much difference in price, so go for the Matador series. The construction is over the top, and the sound is amazing. I checked online, about the tuning and care of the calfskin heads. It's very simple maintenance, and these bongos would work in a school setting perfectly. Whether you play with your hands or with mallets, the tone, pop, and clarity are very good. The sound, if needed, will carry through a 60 piece concert band. My local music stores can't compare, pricewise, to Musician's Friend. I should mention that these bongos are heavy. A percussion tray or a separate stand is needed.