- Product 445959
- Write a Review
The deep sound of the Surdo provides the pulse that drives Brazilian carnaval music. It is played with a felt beater. Both sizes are made from premiu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The heartbeat of samba music.
The deep sound of the Surdo provides the pulse that drives Brazilian carnaval music. It is played with a felt beater. Both sizes are made from premium aluminum.
- Material: aluminum
- Counter sunk bolt heads
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Replaceable synthetic heads
- 8 tuning lugs on the 18" model
- 10 tuning lugs on the 20" & 22" models
- Includes: tuning key
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Meinl Surdo:
This is a review of a 16" x 24" aluminum Meinl Surdo. As a professional Samba drummer for the last 10 years I have played every type of commercially available surdo in the US. The overmanufactured rims of the Meinl are such that it can only fit a Meinl head, which are one ply, and virtually useless in real application.The variations in size on popular replacement drum heads can be up to 3/4". Tried with Remo, Evans,and Pearl heads and none fit. Bauer and Contemporanea, both Brasilian drum co.'s, have very limited distribution in the USA but I would exhaust every resource to find one before I bought another of these. Meinl's customer service dept. was nice but ultimatly not helpful. REALY, save yourself the headache and buy a real Brasilian drum, it will probably cost more and take alot more effort to get but you will not be stymied by poor manufacturing.
Comments about Meinl Surdo:
Meinl makes a poorly engineered drum. Unlike other surdo's the rims on Meinl are such that you can only fit it with Meinl heads. This is no good if you ever plan to use a different brand head (remo, evans, bauer and pearl heads DO NOT FIT IT) Spend the extra time and money to buy a real brasilian surdo.