- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Pork Pie Hip Pig 3-Piece Mahogany shell Pack with 20" Bass Drum
- Write a Review
- J16294 000001000 J16294000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Hip Pig Shell Pack from Pork Pie was with Eastern Mahogany shells to give your backbeat warmth and body. This kit features 8-ply shells that are...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Mahogany tones are always hip.
This Hip Pig Shell Pack from Pork Pie was with Eastern Mahogany shells to give your backbeat warmth and body. This kit features 8-ply shells that are fitted with heavy-duty 2.3mm hoops and beavertail lugs for durability and a steady tune.
Retro-style gold or red Duco finishes make these drums an instant classic. Remo drum heads will ensure these drums will sound great right out of the box.
Cymbals and hardware sold separately.
- Bass drum(s): 20" x 14"
- Tom(s): 12" x 9"
- Floor tom(s): 16" x 16"
- Snare: Not applicable
- Total pieces: 3
- Hardware: Not applicable
- Cymbals: Not applicable
- Shell material: Mahogany
- Construction: 8-Ply
- Thickness (mm): Info Not Available
- Bearing edge: 45
- Reinforcement ring: Not applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Suspended
- Hoops: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Beavertail
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Lacquer
- Country of origin: Taiwan
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great Sound
- Huge Tone
- Doesn't hold low tunings well
- Long tension rods can create issues with tuning
- Jazz Clubs
- School Bands
- Small Venues
Comments about Pork Pie Hip Pig 3-Piece Mahogany shell Pack with 20" Bass Drum:
I downsized to this from a kit with a 24" kick drum. I was tired of breaking my back loading in, but wasn't sure if I was ready to sacrifice the big tone I was getting. Well, this is kind of the best of both worlds while being a realistic purchase. I got this on clearance, so the price was definitely right.
So, the sound is nice and big, and will take pretty much any tuning you'll throw at it. They sound great tuned up, and have a strong fundamental tone. With some double ply heads and smart tuning, they'll tune down and sound a couple of inches bigger than they really are, but because of the long tension rods, they don't hold that tuning so well. If you'll be playing them at a low tuning, I might suggest getting some lug locks or something similar. If you're looking for something portable with some tone to spare, this wouldn't be a bad purchase. Plus, the gold ducco isn't half bad, either.