- Product 580425
Roland TD-4 Percussion Sound Module
- Write a Review
With four times the wave memory of its predecessor, the TD-4 Sound Module is loaded with great drum and percussion instrument samples. Kits can be cu...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
With four times the wave memory of its predecessor, the TD-4 Sound Module is loaded with great drum and percussion instrument samples. Kits can be customized with virtual tuning and muffling for the kick, snare, and toms. Natural ambiance effects can be adjusted as well.
Drum sounds onboard the Roland TD-4 can be customized to suit your personal style. Just like with a real acoustic drum set, the TD-4's kick, snare, and toms can be tuned up or down quickly across a wide range. The amount of muffling can be user-customized as well, from '70s-style choked funk to open-cannon stadium rock.
The TD-4 module is equipped with Roland's acclaimed Coach Mode, which helps you build speed, stamina and accuracy. Five skill-building exercises are onboard, including the Warm Ups that lets you practice different exercises consecutively for 5, 10, or 15 minutes. The Tempo Check also helps you keep consistent time by lowering the metronome volume when you are playing accurately or vice versa, and raising the click volume when you are playing out of time.
The TD-4's "Quick REC" feature allows you to immediately record and play back your performance. It's a great tool for listening objectively to what you've played, and charting your progress. And don't forget the Roland TD-4's built-in metronome for keeping yourself in time. If you record with the internal metronome on, the TD-4 can even evaluate your accuracy afterward during playback.
Great customizable drum sounds, tons of memory, and tools to sharpen your skills.
- Wave-expanded sound module with 125 instruments and 25 kits
- Tuning and Muffling for the kick, snare, toms can be adjusted via the buttons and dial on the front panel
- Coach Mode with new exercises such as Warm Ups and Tempo Check for building your accuracy and endurance
- Quick REC function for recording your performance with just one button
You don't have to break the bank to get professional drum sounds—order today.
TD-4 Percussion Sound Module
- Drum Instruments: 125
- Drum Kits: 25
- Instrument Parameters: KICK, SNARE, TOM, PERC: Tuning, Muffling
- Mixer Parameters: Pad Volume, Pan, Kit Volume, Cross Stick Volume
- Ambience Types: 9
- Rhythm Coach Functions: Warm Ups, Time Check, Tempo Check, Quiet Count, Auto Up/Down
- Quick REC: Resolution: 96 ticks per quarter note, Recording Method: Real-time, Maximum Note Storage: approx. 9,000 Notes
- Display: Custom (backlit LCD)
- Connectors: Trigger Input connector (DB-25 type), (Kick, Snare, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3, Hi-Hat, Crash1, Crash2, Ride, Hi-Hat Control), Output Jacks (L (MONO), R) (Stereo 1/4" phone type), Phones Jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type), Mix in Jack (stereo miniature phone type), MIDI OUT Connector
- Output Impedance: 1.0 k ohms
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor (DC 9 V)
- Current Draw: 500 mA
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor (PSB-1U), Special Connection Cable, Wing Bolt (M5 x 10) x 2, Sound Module Mounting Plate
- Options: Pads: PD-8, PDX-8, PD-85, PD-105, PD-125, Cymbals: CY-5, CY-8, CY-12R/C, CY-14C, CY-15R, Kick Triggers : KD-8, KD-85, KD-120, Hi-Hats: VH-11, Hi-Hat Control Pedal: FD-8, Stand: MDS-4, Cymbal Mount: MDY-10U, Pad Mount: MDH-10U, Acoustic Drum Trigger: RT-10K, RT-10S, RT-10T, Personal Drum Monitor: PM-10, PM-30
- V-Drums Accessory Package: DAP-3, V-Drums Mat: TDM-20/TDM-10
- Width: 224mm (8-7/8")
- Depth: 151mm (6")
- Height: 65mm (2-9/16")
- Weight: 1lb. 1oz.
Review Snapshotby PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Good Quality
- Great Sound
- Just ~~"~ok~~"~ Reverb Settings
- Limited Sound Library
- No Midi Input
- Only Stereomix Midi Out
Comments about Roland TD-4 Percussion Sound Module:
Overall, GREAT for a drummer, jam sessions, and (limited) mixing in live or recorded sessions.
IMPORTANT: If you really want to appreciate the superb quality of this module, you MUST have professional-grade headphones with a relatively flat frequency response. I first listened to this with some cheap AKG headphones and thought it was somewhat disappointing (because the headphones were coloring the sound so much!) When I listened on some $300 AKG headphones, I fell in love with it! The sounds are *incredible.*
LOTS of useful adjustments, FANTASTIC sounding drum samples at lots of different attack powers. It sounds SO realistic. EVEN RIM SHOTS!
If you take the time to learn how it works, you can adjust almost anything with ease.
The only downsides I see are that there is only a stereo output (and headphones, just no individual output per drum) so you have to mix the kit on the module (sorry mixing engineers). It also has MIDI OUT and a record feature, so you can play back whatever you record (the record time is crazy long since it's just recording midi). That way you can switch kits after recording if you want to hear what you played on another kit, or make an adjustment.
Also, it has only MIDI OUT, no MIDI IN. So you can't run any midi recordings through it -- it's not a proper sound module in that respect.
All the limitations on this model are features on the higher models, so these are just drawbacks if you decide to stick with the cheapest, like I did :)
Besides those limitations, I got no regrets!