- Product J08268
Sela CaSela Cajon Kit
- Write a Review
The Revolution in Cajon BuildingThe CaSela Snare Cajon is a professional cajon which is screwed together quickly and easily. It combines Sela‘s many ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A snare-equipped cajon with an 11-ply birch resonant box.
The Revolution in Cajon Building
The CaSela Snare Cajon is a professional cajon which is screwed together quickly and easily. It combines Sela‘s many years of experience making cajons with highly modern production methods. This opens up entirely new visual and acoustic possibilities. The precisely finished components are "Made in Germany" and are of the highest quality.
Fast and easy assembly
The only things you need for the assembly are a cordless screwdriver and a hammer. No glue and no anchors are required. In the assembly instructions, all steps are explained in detail. The online video building instruction provides additional tips.
High comfort, optimal sound production
The extra-strong body guarantees an optimal sound production. Rounded corners and the Sela Thin Splash veneered playing surface provide a relaxed and enjoyable playing feeling. Due to the construction, subsequent replacement of the playing surface is possible.
Removable Sela Snare System and special clap corners
The sound of the Sela Snare System can be attenuated or amplified according to your taste. Additionally you can remove the snare easily. Through that your CaSela turns into a traditional Peruvian cajon without a snare. The cajon has individually adjustable clap corners, in addition to the crisp snare sound and the differentiated bass.
All pictures are approximate, since wood is a natural product, so the actual tones and structures may vary slightly.
- Fast and easy assembly
- Extra-strong 11-ply, 15mm birch body
- Sela Thin Splash playing surface
- Exchangeable playing surface
- Solid, rounded corners of finest maple wood
- Removable Sela Snare System
- Individually adjustable snare sound
- Special Clap Corner sound
- High-quality parts, "Made in Germany"
- Nonslip Rubber Feet
CaSela Cajon Kit
- Dimensions assembled: approx. 47 x 30 x 30 cm
- Dimensions packed: approx. 49 x 33 x 8 cm
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great Sound
Comments about CaSela Cajon Kit:
Great kit design - step by step instructions very clear and easy to follow, all pieces fit together well, wood is pre-finished so no need to varnish/seal. Sound is great and versatile as you can get 4 distinct sounds on the main playing surface, deep bass, mid tom, snare, and clap corners. You only get the snare effect on the "snare" area (top middle) of the cajon, not on the bass, tom, or clap, which to me is perfect. At first, I did find the snare effect to be a bit too snarey to my ears, so I installed an additional piece of foam on the snare wires, tuning it so to speak, until I got the perfect effect that I liked, and that was very easy and quick to do. You can remove the snare very quickly if desired or just turn around and play the back of the cajon for snare free sound but this side does not have the clap sound. I am having great fun with this cajon and am very pleased with the selection I made. Highly recommended.