- J52682 000000000 J52682000000000
Simmons SD2000 Mesh-Head Electronic Kit
- Write a Review
The Simmons SD2000 Mesh-Head Electronic Drum Kit is engineered as a sound design tool for today’s modern drummer, providing unprecedented creative co...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A new type of kit for a new type of drummer.
The Simmons SD2000 Mesh-Head Electronic Drum Kit is engineered as a sound design tool for today’s modern drummer, providing unprecedented creative control far beyond what traditional acoustic and electronic kits can offer. As an expressive musical instrument, it offers an unparalleled pallet of one-of-a-kind, signature sounds with incredible playability and on-the-fly control. The SD2000 delivers the cutting-edge looks, feel and sounds for the contemporary musician.
The SD2000 is the first Simmons kit to feature advanced, tension-able mesh pads with variable attack response technology for expressive performance and nuanced playability. Each SimHex® drum is fully adjustable to personal playing positions thanks to the revolutionary Spherical Isolation Mounting System™ (SIMS). The SD2000’s triple-zone SimHex mesh snare allows for even more creative triggering options, while the low-profile rubber pad rims provide a superior, natural playing angle.
The SD2000’s sound module has a large, full-color LCD screen, providing an intuitive portal into the Simmons Signature Sound Library and a variety of other best-in-class features. This expansive sound collection features a plethora of famous, recognizable vintage drum sets from decades past and as well as many contemporary kits. The entire library was captured with era-specific recording techniques for unsurpassed authenticity throughout. Additionally, many of the classic sounds from famous Simmons vintage gear was painstakingly recaptured for this series. More than just drum sounds, Simmons includes an enviable collection of world percussion, giving the SD2000 the largest selection of sounds in the electronic drum market. A built-in performance mixer allows players to control volume, EQ, pitch, shape and apply filters on the fly for outstanding sound sculpting in the moment.
Yet another breakthrough feature allows you to add any sound in the real world to your kit, creating and inputting a nearly limitless personal library of samples and soundscapes.
- 11 in. triple-zone mesh snare: center, rimshot, plus two rim zones
- Three 9 in. dual-zone mesh toms, 9 in. mesh bass drum with non-slip stand
- 13 in. dual-zone, choke-able crash cymbal, 15 in. triple-zone ride cymbal and 12 in. hi-hat
- Tension-adjustable mesh drum pads with variable attack response technology for expressive performance
- Highly responsive multi-zone cymbal pads
- Large and bright full-color graphic LCD and intuitive, easy-to-program user interface
- Simmons Signature Sound Library: sought-after acoustic drums, world percussion, and vintage Simmons sounds
- Import samples to the sound module for expanded performance options
- Record, create and edit your own samples and sets
- Playback and recording of .wav files or mp3 from USB drive for performance or practice
- Built-in performance mixer with on-the-fly mixing, pitch shift, shape parameters and more
- Strongest anodized aluminum rack with diecast mounts on the market
- *Does not accommodate double-pedal
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Good value
- Great Sound
- Well made
- Ease of mobility
- Small Venues
Comments about Simmons SD2000 Mesh-Head Electronic Kit:
I have not had the kit for long. I purchased it for our Church because of the probability more than anything else. I am the pastor/drum player/handyman/jack of all trades type of guy. I've played drums for about 50 years on and off, all acoustic kits, so the Simmons kit is a real departure from what I have played in the past. Do I like it? Yes I do, especially the mesh heads. For some one that uses these types of kits for the first time, be aware they take some setting up to get the sound you want. Once you get there, you will probably not change it much after that unless you do things I don't. I purchased the Simmons monitors as well (the big one with 3 speakers) and found that unlike an accoustic kit determining how much sound is out in front of the list is difficult. The speakers project out which is what speakers do, so I have to rely a lot on others to be able to gauge how much sound is being projected into the sanctuary. After years af the accoustic (Tama) kit a lot of people have said it sounds "electric", which is not so much that it does, but I suspect more because it's different. Changing from one type of kit to another after 50 years has been a challenge but not insurmountable. The feel is definitely different, and the setup isn't as "movable" as an accoustic kit. Everything is attached to rails and only has a limited amount of movement to get yourself set up behind the kit. Doable, but different. Definitely takes getting used to.
- Great Sound
Comments about Simmons SD2000 Mesh-Head Electronic Kit:
This is a beautifully engineered kit with really solid pads and frame. Everything fits perfectly. Sounds great, with nice kits. Best feature is the wide rubber rims, which really are additional pads, so you can have your 3 toms plus any other 3 sounds like cowbell, other toms, etc. The brain has a fader for kit damping so if you want it to ring or just thud , you can.
My kit came without a kick mounting bar, and getting that solved was a hassle for sure, causing me to curse Simmons many times. But, do I love this kit? Absolutely. Would I give it up? Absolutely Not.