- Write a Review
A heavy-duty bell brass snare that drove classic '80s backbeats and beyond.
This Tama Bell Brass Snare was hand-cast using a process similar to that used in making cymbals. As soon as the heavy hitters of the '80s heard that bell brass sound, they were hooked. The snare produces a sound that cuts with clarity like no other, yet still delivers excellent warmth and balanced timbre. Due to the increasingly heavy music styles of the 1980's that featured nasty, gritty guitar tones, drummers, producers and engineers needed a snare that could live in its own sonic space and project ear-splitting volume. This was the snare they went to and this is the snare that stands the test of time.
This 3mm rolled brass shell is fitted with the best of Tama's hardware options. Die-cast hoops will hold up under the duress of your rimshots, while configuration of 10 Original Superstar lugs and a MS20S will ensure you're able to dial in your tone.
As music continues to evolve, the Tama Bell Brass Snare continues to give the drummer sonic saturation and endless projection. The Tama BB156 represents chance to own the iconic snare drum that has been the backbone of hundreds of well-known, classic recordings.
- Snare Size: 14" x 6-1/2"
- Total Pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Not Applicable
- Stand: Not Applicable
- Shell Material: Brass
- Shell Construction: Rolled
- Shell Thickness (mm): 3
- Bearing Edge: 45°
- Reinforcement Ring: No
- Hardware Material: Steel
- Hoop Type: Die-cast
- Lugs: Standard
- Throw-Off: Lever
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Steel
- Heads: Branded
- Finish Type: Chrome
- Country of Origin: Japan
Become the brass of your snare sound! Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.