- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tama Imperialstar 5-Piece Complete Kit with Meinl HCS Cymbals
Blacked Out Black
- Write a Review
- #J50242 000001000 J50242000001000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With more than four decades of drum building experience, TAMA knows what drummers really want. With this in mind, TAMA designed the award-winning Imp...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A stylish intro to drumming with pro-level features and quality construction.
With more than four decades of drum building experience, TAMA knows what drummers really want. With this in mind, TAMA designed the award-winning Imperialstar line as an affordable, yet durable kit that contains many of the high-end features you'll find in our upper lines.
Imperialstar has been further upgraded with the New Stage Master hardware, delivering functionality, stability and durability you won’t find anywhere else in this price range.
HH45W Stage Master hi-hat stand
HS40W Stage Master snare stand
HC43BW Stage Master boom cymbal stand
HC42W Stage Master straight cymbal stand
MEINL HCS 14 in. hi-hats, 16 in. crash and 20 in. ride
- Bass Drum(s): 22 x 18 in.
- Tom(s): 10 x 8, 12 x 9 in.
- Floor Tom(s): 16 x 14 in.
- Snare: 14 x 5 in.
- Total Pieces: 5
- Hardware: Not Applicable
- Cymbals: Not Applicable
- Shell Material: Poplar
- Construction: Info Not Available
- Thickness (mm): Info Not Available
- Bearing Edge: Info Not Available
- Reinforcement Ring: Not Applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Traditional
- Hoops: Die-cast
- Lugs: Proprietary
- Heads: Branded
- Finish Type: Wrap
- Country of Origin: China
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great Sound
- Huge Tone
Comments about Tama Imperialstar 5-Piece Complete Kit Blacked Out Black with Meinl HCS Cymbals:
This is the first full drum set I've ever owned. I used to play my friend's Squire starter drum kit and was eventually given that set without cymbals or hardware. It was a 10 year old set that I would mess around with. Decided I want to get serious about drumming so looked at a bunch of different sets under a grand . When I stumbled upon this Tama kit, I was impressed. I had to check out reviews from the older finishes and figured I could expect the same quality for the new blacked out black, if not more. Being an amateur drummer, I never put a drum set together but the booklets it come with made it very easy and I set everything up by myself in about an hour. Came with an 10", 12", and 16" toms, 14" snare, and22" bass. Includes all hardware with the sweet meinl hcs cymbal pack. I'm sure with branded heads and high-end cymbals this kit would sound amazing but with the stock Tama heads and Meinl cymbals, I love the overall sounds! I play reggae, rock, and hip-hop and the sounds compliment all of those genres, to my ears. I also am not experienced in tuning but with some help from YouTube, I think I got it to sound pretty great.