- #482322 000687060 482322000687060
Yamaha Phoenix Ash Bass Drum
22 x 18 in. Turquoise Fade
- Write a Review
This 22"x18" Phoenix Ash bass drum has a sharper edge cut toward the outer plies, which gives it attack and shortens the decay.It has 11-ply hybrid s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An ash hybrid drum that's brilliantly crafted for great tonal resonance.
This 22"x18" Phoenix Ash bass drum has a sharper edge cut toward the outer plies, which gives it attack and shortens the decay.
It has 11-ply hybrid shells, and the woods used are progressively harder from the center ply to the outer plies. The center ply is jatoba; this is a very hard wood and it anchors the fundamental of the shell. Sandwiched on either side of this is kapur. This wood is in the mahogany family and adds warmth to the sound of the drum. These drums use an outer half-ply each of maple and burled ash.
The Phoenix uses a redesigned version of the Nouveau lug. The new lug mounts on a square hook rather than a round post, which keeps the tension rod in perfect vertical alignment and eliminates the need to use two hands while tuning the drum. Yamaha used the aluminum die-cast hoops made popular on their Absolute series for the Phoenix. These hoops are very light but rigid, giving you the open, warm sound of a triple-flanged hoop and the accurate tuning of a die-cast hoop.
- Shell: 11-ply hybrid jatoba, kapur, maple, and ash
- Lugs: New design Nouveau detachable
- Mounts: New design YESS
- Hoops: Aluminum die-cast
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.