- 482463 000488027 482463000488027
Yamaha Sensitive Series Snare Drum
14 x 6.5 Amber Sunburst
- Write a Review
Yamaha developed the Sensitive Series snare drums from the very beginning to offer drummers a drum that would excel in any musical environment. From ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A 7-ply maple snare for extreme sensitivity and versatility.
Yamaha developed the Sensitive Series snare drums from the very beginning to offer drummers a drum that would excel in any musical environment. From soft jazz, pop, or rock, this drum can do it all, and do it well. The shell, based on the Maple Custom, is a 7-ply shell made of North American maple.
The top bearing edge cut is 60 for more shell-to-head contact, adding warmth and body to the drum. The snare-side bearing edge cut at 45 for sensitivity and articulation. The snare beds are 2.7mm deep allowing great snare response at loose tension, yet a crisp sound without having to over-tighten the snares and choke the snare head.
The Sensitive Series drums are fitted with chrome Maple Custom style lugs and aluminum die-cast hoops. The small, one-bolt lugs allow the shell to vibrate, and the hoops are light for resonance and rigid for accurate tuning.
- Snare Size: Multiple Sizes
- Total Pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Not Applicable
- Stand: Not Applicable
- Shell Material: Maple
- Shell Construction: 7-Ply
- Shell Thickness (mm): Info Not Available
- Bearing Edge: 45°
- Reinforcement Ring: No
- Hardware Material: Multiple
- Hoop Type: Die-cast
- Lugs: Low-mass
- Throw-Off: Swivel/Lever
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Steel Carbon
- Heads: Factory
- Finish Type: Lacquer
- Country of Origin: Japan
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great Sound
- Nice Low End
- Needmore Coating On Head
- Vesatile Any Application
Comments about Yamaha Sensitive Series Snare Drum:
Has controlled high overtones, bright Maple sound with good solid depth - better then my Taye stainless steel 6.5" which has a very good sound & my thick Peavey RBS 1 snare which has a very loud attack. It's very sensitive as it's name implies; nice crack ! great rim shot. Easy to get a good sound out of it. Not too much snare buzz. I'm very pleased with it. Now I just need a gig.