- 271218 000000000 271218000000000
Electro-Voice N/D478 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- Write a Review
The Electro-Voice N/D478 is a dynamic cardioid microphone with acoustic response that is optimal in live sound or studio environments. The new "vocal...Read More
The Electro-Voice N/D478 is a dynamic cardioid microphone with acoustic response that is optimal in live sound or studio environments. The new "vocally optimized bass" or VOB technology provides you with reduced resonant distortion at low frequencies. Critical damping of the low frequency resonant peak results in a microphone that replaces the "muddiness" found in competitive models with greater warmth and increased clarity. The result is an exceptional performing instrument microphone with clean, clear, consistent sound that "cuts through the mix."
VOB technology reduces muddiness from proximity effect.
- VOB technology provides tailored bass response for controlled "proximity effect" and exceptional vocal clarity
- Cardioid pattern for superior feedback rejection and acoustic isolation
- Excellent choice for micing acoustical or electrical instruments whether in a live sound or studio environment
- Neodymium based magnet structure provides greater sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio
- Warm Grip handle for more comfortable feel and lower handling noise
Exceptional vocal clarity and instrument miking versatility . Order today.
N/D478 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance, Low-Z balanced: 300 Ohms
- Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Open Circuit Voltage: 2.9 mV/Pascal
- Audio Frequency Response: 45 - 15,000 Hz Near Field 100 - 15,000 Hz Far Field
- Mic Type: Instrumental
- Finish: Non-reflecting Black
- Case Material: Metal
- Weight Net: 247 g ( 8.71 oz )
- Dimensions (Height X Max Diameter): 181 x 52 mm, (7.13" x 2.05")
- Microphone Applications: Guitar Amp, Snare, Tom
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Electro-Voice N/D478 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone:
N/D478 is a great mic. If you're looking for an all-purpose mic in the $100 price range, check this one out. Similar in spec to SM57, i5, the N/D478 performs well on drums, perc, horns, cabs, producing lifelike, detailed recordings. I have also used it for acoustic guitar, voice, found objects with surprising results. keep in mind placement and intended purpose. I've been a fan of EV products since the late 70's. I've always found them to be well made, rugged, reliable and you usually get more than your money's worth.