- 583859 000000000 583859000000000
Hal Leonard Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble - Flute (Book with CD)
- Write a Review
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is a comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation written by renowned jazz musician and educator Mike S...Read More
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is a comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation written by renowned jazz musician and educator Mike Steinel from the University of North Texas. This series provides a great starting point for young musicians to learn the style and nuances of jazz music as well as an introduction to improvisation and more advanced concepts.
A comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation for semi-experienced flutists.
- Every exercise and arrangement recorded by professionals
- Repeated exercises feature rhythm section only
- How jazz and "traditional" music are different
- Swing style introduced gradually using scat syllables
- Includes Swing Era, Bebop and Latin/Rock
- Includes additional specialized material for piano, guitar, bass and drums
- Rhythm players can either play along with the full band or study individually
- Jazz history and people
- Basic stylistic periods
- 7 full band arrangements
- Carefully paced performance pieces
- Sample improvised solos included
- Starts with 2-measure phrases
- Teaches how to "jazz up" a melody
- Matches correct scales with chords
You could be the next Roland Kirk or Sonny Fortune. Put this instructional pack in the cart today!
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble - Flute (Book with CD)
- Width: 9.0"
- Length: 12.0"
- 32 pages