- 518542 000010000 518542000010000
Deering Calico Banjo
- Write a Review
A premium quality, world class banjo that is known around the world for its crisp tone - The Calico is exceptionally dynamic for both powerful sound ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Beautiful to look at and fun to play!
A premium quality, world class banjo that is known around the world for its crisp tone - The Calico is exceptionally dynamic for both powerful sound and instantaneous response; providing a great tool for all styles of music.
The Deering Calico Banjo has a beautiful honey stained curly maple neck and resonator with purfling and ivoroid binding. Mother-of-pearl scroll inlays adorn the ebony fingerboard. The Calico Banjo's neck has a two-way adjustable truss-rod, as do all Deering banjos. Bound in white, the peghead has an elegantly finished look. The slender neck shape is fast and easy to play.
The power, brilliance, and clarity of tone come from our three-ply maple rim, zinc flange, and the Deering -06- 20 Hole Bronze Tone Ring and , combined with a figured Eastern hard rock maple neck and resonator. All Deering 5-string banjos are fitted with a geared fifth string tuner for smooth, easy, and precise tuning.
The inside walls of the resonator are tapered to maximize the sound and give you the instant response and clear tone of a Calico banjo.
At this price point Deering adds two features, they taper the inside of the resonator walls for added projection of tone, and also add the feature of glued in frets. Each fret is fitted to the fingerboard and glued in place so that in the future when the frets are worn out, they can be heated up and the glue will release without chipping the fingerboard. You will gain these benefits on every model from the Calico on up the line.
With a brighter tone than mahogany, maple provides a beautiful bass response and great highs. The banjo plays string to string and up the neck at a consistent clarity and excellent volume so it is easily heard amongst a band. Includes case.
- The Neck:
- Curly Maple with a Honey Stain
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
- Mother of Pearl Scroll Inlays
- Ivoroid Bound Fingerboard
- Multi-color Neck Purfling Trim
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Bound Neck and Peghead
- Slender, Comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- High Gloss Finish
- The Pot:
- Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Deering Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11" Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼" Hex Nuts
- One Piece Nickel Plated Zinc Flange
- 5/8" Deering Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Satin Finish
- Curly Maple
- Coral Snake Wood Purfling Trim
- Ivoroid Binding
- Shallow Depth for Quick Response
- The Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone
- High Gloss Finish
For the serious player who can tell the difference. Order today.
Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
Resonator diameter 13 7/8"
Overall Instrument Length 38"
Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Not Consistent
Comments about Deering Calico Banjo:
After my setup the sound is good. But for the price I paid for the banjo, I should not have had to spend extra time and money to get it right !
Trust Rod and Coordinator Rod needed to be adjusted, bridge and head need to be upgraded. Deering's setup was very poor.
I dealt with Carolina Bridges at the Deering Banjo Company, who was not helpful or friendly. She is arrogant, and not customer centric. Her attitude is terrible, she acts as if she is doing you a big favor by selling you a Derring banjo.
The Calico is a good banjo, but it is not worth the price I paid for it.
The Deering Banjo Company is not customer centric, and the banjo arrived poorly setup. They are very dismissive of customer concerns. I would never buy from them again. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a high end banjo !
- Good Tone
- Long Life
- Simply The Best Today
- No Troubles With It
- Used For Studio And Live
Comments about Deering Calico Banjo:
The Deering Calico is the best banjo in the market today!!! i played many other banjos from Gibson,Gold tone and other Deering, the Calico wins with all these models including the Teenbrooks Saratoga cause Maple neck gives a warm bright and crispy sounds than mahogany. if u like bluegrass,country,jazz,blues, african music and Bela Fleck sound the Calico is perfect for u without any doubt!!!