- Write a Review
An affordable 5-string with a new tone ring for added volume.
The Goodtime Special Tone Ring is a new feature on the Goodtime Special banjo. Designed by Deering, the Goodtime Special Tone Ring produces a louder, sweeter bell tone, a considerable step up in tone from the original tone ring that was featured on Deering's Goodtime Special banjos. The volume of tone is a wonderful surprise to players who pick up this unassuming Goodtime Special banjo to find a real prize. If you're looking for a banjo with good volume and tone, and prefer to keep the cost as low as possible, then this is the banjo could just be the one for you. It will perform well in a jam session or band setting, feel comfortable, fret correctly, and be a stable instrument you can play for years to come.
- Blonde maple neck and Resonator
- 3-ply violin maple rim
- Steel tone ring
- Patented Goodtime Banjo tailpiece
- Ergonomic, comfortable neck shape
- Hardwood fingerboard bow tie style inlays
- All geared, sealed tuners
- Nickel-plated metal parts
- Durable satin finish
- 16 flat hooks with 9/32" nuts
Experience the commitment to quality that every Deering banjo represents. Order yours today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.