- Product H89387
Eastman MD505 All Solid Wood A Style Mandolin
- Write a Review
Eastman mandolins have been establishing a dramatic presence in a very competitive and discriminating field, that of mandolin design and production. ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Beautiful A-style mandolin.
Eastman mandolins have been establishing a dramatic presence in a very competitive and discriminating field, that of mandolin design and production. The customer base for fine mandolins is astute and demanding, but by the same token, eager to experience an elegant and artful contribultion to the available landscape of fine instruments. Eastman instruments' quality speak for themselves, and the MD505 A-Style or "teardrop" as it is sometimes called, is a fine mid-price selection in the line.
The manufacturing process at Eastman doesn't differ much from the way mandolins were made in the mandolin's glory days in the early 20th century. They are handmade using the finest select tonewoods, in this case a solid carved spruce top and solid maple back, sides and top. Apportioning includes a traditional-style ebony bridge and an ebony fingerboard. It is triple-bound on the top, and features a single piece cast tailpiece. The scroll is charming and beautifully rendered.
- Individually hand-crafted using time-honored methods
- Made of pemium hand-carved solid tonewoods
- Solid spruce top, solid maple back & sides
- Ebony fingerboard & adjustable ebony bridge
- A-style body with F-holes
- Warm, ringing tones
Order now and get an A-style into your hands that you will love for a lifetime.
MD505 All Solid Wood A Style Mandolin
- Body Dimensions: 27³ x 10³ x 1 23/32³
- Top Wood: Carved Solid Spruce
- Back/Sides Wood: Carved Solid Maple
- Body Binding: Ivoroid (body & fingerboard)
- Neck Woods: Maple
- Neck Length: 6 15/16³
- Nut Width/Material: 1 3/32³, bone
- Scale Length: 13 7/8³
- Fingerboard: 12³ radiused ebony
- Frets: Dunlop #6310
- Inlays: White mother-of-pearl
- Bridge: Fitted adjustable ebony
- Tailpiece: Nickel cast
- Tuners: Nickel Schaller
- Strings: D™Addario J74 strings
- Available Finishes: Classic, Classic/Sunburst
- Finish: High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer